The Geek Forum

• April 27, 2024, 12:47:55 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Due to the prolific nature of these forums, poster aggression is advised.

Recent Forum Posts

Shout Box

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 129551
  • Total Topics: 7148
  • Online Today: 179
  • Online Ever: 1013
  • (January 12, 2023, 01:18:11 AM)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: W7F Newslets  (Read 13809 times)

pbsaurus

• Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +354/-31
  • Everyone Loves The King Of The Sea
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/flipperpete
Re: W7F Newslets
« Reply #75 on: March 02, 2011, 04:16:08 AM »

My favourite dictator glorification band is the Napoleon Blown Aparts.

12AX7

« Reply #76 on: March 02, 2011, 11:29:40 PM »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110302/ap_on_re_us/us_teacher_table_rattling

Hey kids, if your teacher makes you mad, just call 911. You dont get charged and prosecuted; and the teacher AUTOMATICALLY gets suspended because there was a police response. WIN-WIN for you!

"A California school teacher was placed on paid administrative leave after he rattled a table to get the attention of his math students, startling an eighth-grade girl who used her cell phone to call police.

Atherton police Sgt. Tim Lynch tells the Palo Alto Daily News that officers went to Selby Lane School Tuesday afternoon because of reports a teacher was causing a disturbance.

Officers found a calm teacher with class in session.

The sergeant says the teacher's table-rattling startled a student and she used her cell phone to call 911. He says other students in the class weren't bothered by the teacher's actions.

Redwood City School District deputy superintendent John Baker says the teacher was placed on leave because there was a police response."

ivan

• Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +499/-50
  • Not a Mod, nor a Rocker. A Mocker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 03, 2011, 02:57:43 AM »

You know, 12, you're the kind of guy whose head explodes when you encounter the moronic, the unfair, the wrong, the idiotic, the asinine. And yet, you can't help but look for it, and make your head explode again and again.

The internet is your worst enemy.

Thanks to the internet, every stupid and evil thing that happens in the world is right there at your fingertips.

If I could, I would hack into your system and install some kind of cybernanny software to filter every news site so that all you'd ever see is good news about good people doing good and smart things.

Because, you know, you gotta take care of your head. It's one of the good and smart things of the world.
"I TYPE 120 WORDS PER MINUTE, BUT IT'S IN MY OWN LANGUAGE!"  -Detta

xolik: WHERE IS OBAMA'S GIFT CERTIFICATE?
Demosthenes: Is that from the gifters movement?

Detta: Crappy old shorts and a tank top.  This is how I dress for work. Because my job is to get puked on.
Demosthenes: So is mine.  I work in IT.

bananaskittles: The world is 4chan and God is a troll.

Vespertine

• The VSUBjugator
  • Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +371/-38
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 03, 2011, 01:29:09 PM »

LOL!!!

I laugh because I can SO identify with what you've just described, ivan.  Major, catastrophic things can happen and I will barely blink an eye.  But I can get worked into such a massive tizzy over stupid, inconsequential things.  It's amusing to others.  :)
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass.  And, I'm all out of bubble gum.

pbsaurus

• Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +354/-31
  • Everyone Loves The King Of The Sea
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/flipperpete
« Reply #79 on: March 04, 2011, 01:36:43 PM »

It's outrageous and absurd until it happens to you.  Then it's terrifying among other things.

They say Libertarians are Liberals who understand economics, and Conservatives who have had run ins with the police.

Even though it's simplistic and supports the whole dualism/duopoly which I am so opposed to, since everything is multivariate and multidimensional rather than linear, there is still some truth in there.

As for Ivan's point, I just can't comment right now.

Demosthenes

• Evil Ex-HN Moderator
  • Administrator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +567/-72
  • Just try me. See what happens.
    • View Profile
    • Zombo
« Reply #80 on: March 04, 2011, 05:00:04 PM »

It's outrageous and absurd until it happens to you.  Then it's terrifying among other things.

They say Libertarians are Liberals who understand economics, and Conservatives who have had run ins with the police.

While I have always liked that quote, I can't honestly say I fit into it.

I like to think that I just started out with enough common sense to be able to formulate opinions that are internally consistent to begin with.

Coolio Points: 89,000,998,776,554,211,222
Detta Puzzle Points: 45

Banning forum idiots since 2001
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]