The Geek Forum

• May 13, 2024, 08:03:37 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Due to the prolific nature of these forums, poster aggression is advised.

Recent Forum Posts

Shout Box

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 129629
  • Total Topics: 7187
  • Online Today: 191
  • Online Ever: 1013
  • (January 12, 2023, 01:18:11 AM)

Author Topic: Now that...  (Read 4001 times)

snyperx

• Professional Blogger
  • Coolio Points: +0/-1
    • View Profile
Now that...
« on: May 02, 2003, 11:59:14 AM »

Now that, according to Bush, the fighting phase of Operation Iraq is over, what do you all think of how the country should be run?  

Personally, I think that the US staying in there for any extended amount of time (6 months+) is absurd.  We did what we needed to (at least what Bush ended up saying we needed to), the regieme is no more.  After we (The US/Brits) start to get the food distributed to villages, pull out and let the UN go in and continue the food distribution, but let the Iraqi's govern themselves.  If they don't want a democracy, let them have a monarchy, just make sure they don't get Sadam II.
"Ohhh! That is almost sig quote material.... almost!" - The Judge

Binoboy

• Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +5/-1
    • View Profile
Now that...
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2003, 04:24:30 PM »

"If we don't keep a hand in there for at least 5, we'll be back in 10."
You think Bush is gonna let the UN touch this? "Does not play well with others" comes to mind.
To die, to sleep; To sleep: perchance to dream: ay, there's the rub... Ha ha! ...'Rub'!

snyperx

• Professional Blogger
  • Coolio Points: +0/-1
    • View Profile
Now that...
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2003, 06:48:21 PM »

I know Bush won't let the UN do anything, but I think he should.  He'll probably get the US involved for the next 20 years, with no way out for any of his successors.  Our relationship with France has deteriorated already, as well with a few other European nations, and the Islamic population doesn't think any more highly of us then they did before...
"Ohhh! That is almost sig quote material.... almost!" - The Judge

Binoboy

• Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +5/-1
    • View Profile
Now that...
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2003, 07:55:08 PM »

Quote from: snyperx
I know Bush won't let the UN do anything, but I think he should.  He'll probably get the US involved for the next 20 years, with no way out for any of his successors.  Our relationship with France has deteriorated already, as well with a few other European nations, and the Islamic population doesn't think any more highly of us then they did before...

*yawn* So what else's new? Not to beat a dead horse, but wake me when we get around to the Congo or Zimbabwe or somethin....
To die, to sleep; To sleep: perchance to dream: ay, there's the rub... Ha ha! ...'Rub'!

Napoleon

• Annoying Newbie
  • Coolio Points: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Now that...
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2003, 04:58:28 PM »

I always imagined bush would decide to pulverize each country...alphabetically. Though, he went from Afghanistan to Iraq, so maybe his agenda is diffrent...Or maybe he does think it's alphabetical...Who knows. Anyhow, Zimbabwe...It would take some time to wake you up

Seriously though...
Diplomacy is in the shits though, isnt it? Europe is showing it's teeth to the United States, The whole world isnt exactly behind us....Yawn, same story isnt it? Some-how i get the feeling that we'll be repeating it for quite a while.
Beautiful Plumage...In`it?

PS-We arent commies, we just want the sandwiches

Dark Shade

• Agent Of The System
  • Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +176/-5
  • "It is inevitable."
    • View Profile
    • Zombo
Now that...
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2003, 10:50:15 PM »

Quote from: Napoleon
I always imagined bush would decide to pulverize each country...alphabetically. Though, he went from Afghanistan to Iraq, so maybe his agenda is diffrent...Or maybe he does think it's alphabetical...Who knows. Anyhow, Zimbabwe...It would take some time to wake you up

Seriously though...
Diplomacy is in the shits though, isnt it? Europe is showing it's teeth to the United States, The whole world isnt exactly behind us....Yawn, same story isnt it? Some-how i get the feeling that we'll be repeating it for quite a while.

He skipped a few letters along the way. Missed Canada, the cheap SOB.

Oh well, when he invades, we'll be ready for him. We got's ourselves DONUTS AND CURLING STONES BABY! Ever see Bush crushed under the weight of 30,000 curling stones thrown at him from high above ground level? I think not. He'd be squished flatter than Britney Spears' real boobs. Gotta picture Bush under those...

Anonymous

Now that...
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2003, 06:38:38 AM »

Quote from: Dark Shade

He skipped a few letters along the way. Missed Canada, the cheap SOB.

Feh!!
He'd never get across our naval fleet.

I mean, have you seen our new torpedos?

And if he did, our air forces would kick some ass!!!

Dark Shade

• Agent Of The System
  • Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • "It is inevitable."
    • View Profile
    • Zombo
Now that...
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2003, 04:14:55 PM »

Pretty hardcore shit we got's ourselves up here in Canada.

Where's the flying beavers and assassins slinging donuts, Judge? You forgot about them.

Anonymous

Now that...
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2003, 10:23:44 PM »

Shhhh! Those are top secret!

Dark Shade

• Agent Of The System
  • Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • "It is inevitable."
    • View Profile
    • Zombo
Now that...
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2003, 08:12:40 AM »

Quote from: TheJudge
Shhhh! Those are top secret!

Oh yeah...

Mum's the word. :wink:

copperrein

• Jail Bait
  • Coolio Points: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.members.cox.net/saust/art/frametest.html
Now that...
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2003, 04:09:27 AM »

Quote from: Napoleon

Seriously though...
Diplomacy is in the shits though, isnt it? Europe is showing it's teeth to the United States, The whole world isnt exactly behind us....

When did France count as Europe? I ran into the French Navy in Souda Bay, Crete...yeah...I saw their ONE air craft carrier, the DeGaulle....Ohhhhh....looked like a pontoon. Damned vacationing little runts...'What? there's a war? but I thought we had a tour planned...awwwww' *twitch* Normandy *twitch*

I'd be a hell of alot more scared of the canadians...have you seen their hockey players? Oh yeah...the canadians don't have a loooooong history of 'We Surrender!!!'.
http://members.cox.net/hatshepsut/aliens.jpg">

biggyfred

• Jail Bait
  • Coolio Points: +7/-0
    • View Profile
Now that...
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2003, 12:26:00 AM »

Having a nuke makes them more important than anyone else in Europe. And we wonder why everyone's frothing at the mouth to get one.
your ad here.