The Geek Forum

• May 13, 2024, 04:58:28 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Due to the prolific nature of these forums, poster aggression is advised.

Recent Forum Posts

Shout Box

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 129629
  • Total Topics: 7187
  • Online Today: 191
  • Online Ever: 1013
  • (January 12, 2023, 01:18:11 AM)

Author Topic: Nice Cheap Case  (Read 2969 times)

Anonymous

Nice Cheap Case
« on: May 05, 2003, 08:22:07 AM »

If anyone is looking for a slick case and has little cash, this is pretty decent.

http://www.compgeeks.com/details.asp?invtid=0215-4HL-BLK&sourceid=00384049747250931842

$33.65 US

Anonymous

Nice Cheap Case
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2003, 01:52:19 PM »

Do you know the shipping and handling fee that they charge? If it's below 10 or 15 dollars, then it really will be one hell of a deal with a 400 watt power supply included.

It's not too different from the Raidmax cases that I use one some of my computers.

I'm in need of another case, so it's between that or a good old raidmax case from Newegg.com.

Anonymous

Nice Cheap Case
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2003, 02:15:04 PM »

I'm not sure what the shipping would be. Probably the smae as everyone else. But the base price is pretty hard to beat for a case with 400Watt PS and bay window.

Anonymous

Nice Cheap Case
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2003, 11:34:51 PM »

Uh oh, bringing back an old thread time.

I forgot to get back about the whole shipping thing. I asked them about the shipping prices, and they said it was on their website when you added it to your cart. Sure enough, when adding an item to your cart on their online store, it gives you the total and subtotal before you actually checkout. I believe the shipping is 12 dollars for that case and power supply.

Still not a bad buy when you're getting a case with a decent Plexi Glass window, and a power supply to go with it.

Maybe if I ever get a new computer I'll look to them for some of my parts, they have decent prices.

HeavyJay

• Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +72/-1
  • Gorn Tamer
    • View Profile
Nice Cheap Case
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2003, 11:36:23 PM »

I'd love some case mods, but I'm a tard.  It would be awesome to have some light strips on that mother and what not.
"Don't just eat that hamburger, eat the HELL out of it!" -- JR "Bob" Dobbs

revmoo

• Annoying Newbie
  • Coolio Points: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.revmoo.org
Nice Cheap Case
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2003, 04:06:16 PM »

I was just looking at that case sans window the other day, it was around $100 in compusa, not a bad deal, too bad it doesn't match anything I have.

By the way, I wouldn't trust compgeeks for anything other than cases and such, they supposedly have a really bad rate of DOA merchandise, and will 'lose' your RMAs
It's the queers, they're in it with the aliens. They're building landing strips for gay martians I swear to God.

biggyfred

• Jail Bait
  • Coolio Points: +7/-0
    • View Profile
Nice Cheap Case
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2003, 09:08:48 PM »

A similar case (if not exactly the same damn one) is on our bench getting worked on as I type. I took a look around, kicked the tires, looked like a pretty solid little case to me. Decent room to work with, and not a bad looking case at all.
your ad here.

Anonymous

Nice Cheap Case
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2003, 09:17:32 PM »

How's the frame? Is it sturdy, or is it one of the cheap ones that wobbles a bit when you put some weight on it.

I know my RaidMAX cases feel as though you can cut them with a butter knife. :shock:

biggyfred

• Jail Bait
  • Coolio Points: +7/-0
    • View Profile
Nice Cheap Case
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2003, 11:57:41 PM »

Seemed sturdy enough for "normal wear and tear" usage to me. I probably wouldn't throw it down the stairs.
your ad here.

Dark Shade

• Agent Of The System
  • Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +176/-5
  • "It is inevitable."
    • View Profile
    • Zombo
Nice Cheap Case
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2003, 07:36:43 AM »

Quote from: biggyfred
Seemed sturdy enough for "normal wear and tear" usage to me. I probably wouldn't throw it down the stairs.

I'd probably just buy it to see the thing being thrown down the stairs, just to see if it'd break.

Yes...I'm a freak... :twisted: