The Geek Forum

• May 17, 2024, 10:26:04 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Due to the prolific nature of these forums, poster aggression is advised.

Recent Forum Posts

Shout Box

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 129634
  • Total Topics: 7189
  • Online Today: 116
  • Online Ever: 1013
  • (January 12, 2023, 01:18:11 AM)

Author Topic: phpbb question  (Read 2074 times)

mojokdirector

• Annoying Newbie
  • Coolio Points: +0/-0
    • View Profile
phpbb question
« on: July 17, 2003, 05:40:28 PM »

hey where do i find the images or links to the images (new topic, reply, etc)in phpbb because all of my images have disapeared so no one can post in my test forum.
Paul Smecker: Television is the explanation for this. You see this in bad television. Little assault guys creeping through the vents, coming in through the ceiling--that James Bond shit never happens in real life, professionals don't do that!

Anonymous

phpbb question
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2003, 06:39:59 PM »

You can find all your image and style needs for phpBB right here. Installation is easy, and takes only about three minutes if you have broadband.

mojokdirector

• Annoying Newbie
    • View Profile
phpbb question
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2003, 06:40:49 PM »

also does anyone know how to make google find a geeklog site and/or a phpbb forum? ive submited my site twice several weeks apart and the sites still not on google. im guessing chris, you probably know considering your forum is up on google.
Paul Smecker: Television is the explanation for this. You see this in bad television. Little assault guys creeping through the vents, coming in through the ceiling--that James Bond shit never happens in real life, professionals don't do that!

Anonymous

phpbb question
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2003, 06:43:32 PM »

It's a waiting game, really. You have to wait a while (as long as a month to a month and a half) for the google spider to get around to your site and forum. Google does not like session IDs, and will not spider every page unless you get rid of the session IDs in the URLs. I believe they have a mod for that at the above link (phpbb.com).

Once you submit to Google, you pretty much go on ever search engine, as they either share the same database, or they spider each other.

mojokdirector

• Annoying Newbie
    • View Profile
phpbb question
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2003, 06:52:04 PM »

any idea what the mod would be under?

Anonymous

phpbb question
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2003, 07:33:18 PM »

You can find more about that session ID stuff right here.