The Geek Forum

• May 21, 2024, 09:23:06 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Due to the prolific nature of these forums, poster aggression is advised.

Recent Forum Posts

Shout Box

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 129651
  • Total Topics: 7198
  • Online Today: 154
  • Online Ever: 1013
  • (January 12, 2023, 01:18:11 AM)

Author Topic: NeverWinter Nights  (Read 3186 times)

LFD

• Computer Whore
  • Coolio Points: +2/-2
    • View Profile
NeverWinter Nights
« on: July 15, 2002, 06:15:45 PM »

This game changed my life, once I thought that I was a lone nerd playing videogames for hours on end. Then I bought this game and I learned that I am not a nerd!! I am normal compared to some of the freaks they let play that game!! Yes, I am NORMAL!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

NeverWinter Nights
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2002, 08:43:49 AM »

It is an kickass game. We download a "PitFight" match type where you go in as level 10 characters and fight other players. (We set this up on the lan at work).

I made a level 10 Half Orc Fighter. He has 2 weapon fighting, improved power attack, improved knock down, weapon specialization longsword and shortsword, and some other cool stuff.

My strategy is simple: I start by activating my improved power attack (-10 to hit, +10 damage). Then I activate my knockdown. As soon as I spot the neemy, I charge them and bring'em down on the floor. Then the power attacks kick in automaticly (And I use a +3 longsword, a +1 shortsword). I know I get huge penalities with the stuff I use, but when they are on the ground you can't really miss to much and you do major damage in very little time. However, when the knockdown fails (rarely), then you have to run away and try again. Doesn't always turn out in your favour!

LFD

• Computer Whore
    • View Profile
NeverWinter Nights
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2002, 11:36:48 AM »

I really was never that strategic with the game, I make my characters and keep them on the recommended path till about lv 10 then I just start pumping up stuff I think is cool. I love the scripting part of the game too! Making your own quests and Modules is probably the funnest part of the game. Right now I have 1 Mod in the making "Den of Theives" It's an action mod built specifically for Rogues. You have to make your way through a castle filled with Traps, Locked Chests, Locked Doors, and little halfling bad guys who want to kill you alive. In the end; you have to use all the powers of a Rogue to make it through, but there is only enough Loot for one person so you have to kill everyone else who is trying to get their also. and I am thinking about using "Full PVP and HC rules" so you end up needing to be one ruthless bastard to get through on top :)

Ok, that's my long post of the day.

Jon

• Computer Whore
  • Coolio Points: +0/-1
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gotthegeek.com
NeverWinter Nights
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2002, 09:01:27 AM »

Oh god I love this game. When they releaced the demo for the board building, I thought it was going to be pretty crummy while I was waiting for the full game. When I got it, I was like, "...wow...". This has got to be one of the greatest games ever created.

LFD

• Computer Whore
    • View Profile
NeverWinter Nights
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2002, 09:42:39 PM »

hey we gotta team up one day and adventure for a little while, if you don't mind me crashing every hour.

Anonymous

NeverWinter Nights
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2002, 04:36:24 PM »

Hey LFD, you might want to read this review about Neverwinter Nights.

snyperx

• Professional Blogger
  • Coolio Points: +0/-1
    • View Profile
NeverWinter Nights
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2002, 04:29:38 PM »

NWN.  Am I the only one that ever played that on AOHell?  It was goldbox game setup, great game, depressing as hell when it went down though.
 :evil:
"Ohhh! That is almost sig quote material.... almost!" - The Judge