The Geek Forum

• May 10, 2024, 12:01:11 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Due to the prolific nature of these forums, poster aggression is advised.

Recent Forum Posts

Shout Box

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 129626
  • Total Topics: 7186
  • Online Today: 159
  • Online Ever: 1013
  • (January 12, 2023, 01:18:11 AM)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: hello evryone  (Read 16743 times)

Anyanka_was_framed

• Wannabe Professional Blogger
  • Coolio Points: +148/-4
  • Your logic does not resemble our earth logic.
    • View Profile
Re: hello evryone
« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2006, 02:40:59 PM »

by-the-way, anyanka_was_framed, i like elton john too.

just thought i should point that out.

Ohh man was I confused.  My apologies, I refer to livejournal as lj-->eljay and didn't think about it when I posted.  Though I do enjoy "Tiny Dancer".

Mal: "Well, look at this! Appears we got here just in the nick of time. Whaddya suppose that makes us?"
Zoe: "Big damn heroes, sir."

DiscipleOfChaos

• Troll
  • Coolio Points: +20/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2006, 02:41:58 PM »

Answer this. Does being a smartass get you anywhere in life? She was being very docile towards a member of the forum board so I simply defended her nothing mroe nothing less as for points I really dont care about that I just like gaming and computers and enjoy talking about it.

It does indeed. How do you think I got a job which allows me to spend all day posting to messaeg boards? ;)

Also, I don't understand what this concept of 'I can do what I want, stop being mean to me!' is doing on an internet message board. I mean, if you came here and posted here, there must've been something that appealed to you about it, right? Why post here if you hate everyone that posts here?

What brougt most of us together here in the first place was the fact that we all like the fact that everyone -else- here can speak good English. There's something special about having a conversation with literate people.
HURR!

HitokinWolfLOLOLOL

• Banninated
  • Annoying Newbie
  • Coolio Points: +0/-7
  • er hi?
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 12, 2006, 02:45:15 PM »

It does indeed. How do you think I got a job which allows me to spend all day posting to messaeg boards? ;)

Also, I don't understand what this concept of 'I can do what I want, stop being mean to me!' is doing on an internet message board. I mean, if you came here and posted here, there must've been something that appealed to you about it, right? Why post here if you hate everyone that posts here?

What brougt most of us together here in the first place was the fact that we all like the fact that everyone -else- here can speak good English. There's something special about having a conversation with literate people.

Here comes the crazy part. Humans are naturally ignorant I was bored,came here,posted saying I like the way things are operated, than all of a sudden BAM the old guy smacks me in the face whats really funny was Judge one of the admins here doesnt use grammer either rofl and no one says anything WHY becuase he is an admin I just find it funny this forum board and how people treat each other.
"Every locked door has its' key"

DiscipleOfChaos

• Troll
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 12, 2006, 02:47:44 PM »

Here comes the crazy part. Humans are naturally ignorant I was bored,came here,posted saying I like the way things are operated, than all of a sudden BAM the old guy smacks me in the face whats really funny was Judge one of the admins here doesnt use grammer either rofl and no one says anything WHY becuase he is an admin I just find it funny this forum board and how people treat each other.

Ah... Judge was mocking you by writing the way you did.

Look at some of his older posts :)
HURR!

HitokinWolfLOLOLOL

• Banninated
  • Annoying Newbie
  • er hi?
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 12, 2006, 02:49:06 PM »

Ah... Judge was mocking you by writing the way you did.

Look at some of his older posts :)

I did lol I wouldnt say that without doing a lil bit of research.

pbsaurus

• Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +354/-31
  • Everyone Loves The King Of The Sea
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/flipperpete
« Reply #55 on: October 12, 2006, 02:49:59 PM »

Plus English is his second language.  He's French Canadian.  If you would have read all the threads before commenting, you would have known that.

HitokinWolfLOLOLOL

• Banninated
  • Annoying Newbie
  • er hi?
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 12, 2006, 02:51:07 PM »

Plus English is his second language.  He's French Canadian.  If you would have read all the threads before commenting, you would have known that.

I did know that never said his first language was English rofl.I think you should look before you leap.

DiscipleOfChaos

• Troll
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 12, 2006, 02:54:12 PM »

I did know that never said his first language was English rofl.I think you should look before you leap.

One of the things that makes me the most sad about society today is that somehow, through some bizarre social alchemy that I cannot understand, it has become bad, or uncool, or something to say 'Oh, hey, look at that. I was wrong! Sorry.' or 'Oh, hey, you are established and I'm new, so I'll say whoops and move on.'

What happened to the 'being careful and making sure you know what you're stepping into' that people used to do before joining a community? Is it the implied anonymity of the internet?
HURR!

TheJudge

• Administrator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +330/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 12, 2006, 02:54:19 PM »

My God! Some people don't grasp the concept of mockery. My English is not perfect, by the way. I make spelling errors and typos sometimes. In fact, English is not even my first language. But when I post on an internet forum where pretty much all discussions take place in English, the least I can do is make an effort to use the best English I can.

Is using a shift key, a couple of punctuation characters and real words really that much to ask? That's just the way we like it here. If someone wants to post like a 13 year old script kiddy, then they can go play in a AOL chatroom. We're not interested in conversing with them.

DiscipleOfChaos

• Troll
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 12, 2006, 02:56:08 PM »

My God! Some people don't grasp the concept of mockery. My English is not perfect, by the way. I make spelling errors and typos sometimes. In fact, English is not even my first language. But when I post on an internet forum where pretty much all discussions take place in English, the least I can do is make an effort to use the best English I can.

Is using a shift key, a couple of punctuation characters and real words really that much to ask? That's just the way we like it here. If someone wants to post like a 13 year old script kiddy, then they can go play in a AOL chatroom. We're not interested in conversing with them.

Heya Judge. I was wondering when you were gonna weigh in on this one.
HURR!

TheJudge

• Administrator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +330/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 12, 2006, 02:58:24 PM »

Also, I've had my ass handed to me on a plate many times in the past during political discussions and debates. I don't special treatement because I am a moderator.

I get special treatment because I'm a sexy bitch.  :-P

Demosthenes

• Evil Ex-HN Moderator
  • Administrator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +567/-72
  • Just try me. See what happens.
    • View Profile
    • Zombo
« Reply #61 on: October 12, 2006, 04:59:09 PM »

Jeez... who let this dufus spew stupid all over the place?

*throws him out*

Coolio Points: 89,000,998,776,554,211,222
Detta Puzzle Points: 45

Banning forum idiots since 2001

DiscipleOfChaos

• Troll
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 12, 2006, 05:54:04 PM »

Jeez... who let this dufus spew stupid all over the place?

*throws him out*

I dunno, in a manic depressive 'Now I'm an asshole/Now I'm almost decent/Oops I'm an asshole again' way he was almost tolerable.
HURR!

Evonus

• Whipping Boy
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +158/-296
  • ZE TROLL KING!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 12, 2006, 06:33:31 PM »

spanish is my first language i have lived in spain most of my life and i didnt go to school there or in uk.

Ah, una española. Entonces, aprenderámos la informacíon mas importante. ¿Qué parte de España? Nacío usted en España? ¿Cúantos años tiene usted?  ¿Por qué se mudó a una pais que se habla ingles? Y para terminar ¡Bienvenido a la Geekery!

Lo siente si se falta mi espanol. Yo no puedo practicarlo mucho, porque a mi universidad nadie habla español. :(
"Did you name your mole Avogadro?" -PBsaurus

BizB

• Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +439/-15
  • Keep making circles
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 12, 2006, 06:38:43 PM »

Don't.

I don't speak or read Spanish. However, if I did, I wouldn't expect to find it on an English based BBS.  If you'd like to PM someone with a different language, have a ball.  But, don't waste my time by making me click to see the new posts only to find out that it's in another language. 

Half of your posts aren't worth reading in English, nevermind having to translate them to read.
Without me, it's just 'aweso'.

Evonus

• Whipping Boy
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +158/-296
  • ZE TROLL KING!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 12, 2006, 06:54:34 PM »

Don't.

I don't speak or read Spanish. However, if I did, I wouldn't expect to find it on an English based BBS.  If you'd like to PM someone with a different language, have a ball.  But, don't waste my time by making me click to see the new posts only to find out that it's in another language. 

Half of your posts aren't worth reading in English, nevermind having to translate them to read.

Thanks buddy, I love you too. I'll post the translations below if it bothers you that much, all you have to do is say the word.
"Did you name your mole Avogadro?" -PBsaurus

pbsaurus

• Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +354/-31
  • Everyone Loves The King Of The Sea
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/flipperpete
« Reply #66 on: October 12, 2006, 07:56:34 PM »

Word

perpetual amor

• Annoying Newbie
  • Coolio Points: +5/-4
  • thats me people!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 13, 2006, 09:07:22 AM »

Ah, una española. Entonces, aprenderámos la informacíon mas importante. ¿Qué parte de España? Nacío usted en España? ¿Cúantos años tiene usted?  ¿Por qué se mudó a una pais que se habla ingles? Y para terminar ¡Bienvenido a la Geekery!

Lo siente si se falta mi espanol. Yo no puedo practicarlo mucho, porque a mi universidad nadie habla español. :(
Hola encantada/o.
 Que tal? yo vivido en fuengirola malaga.
Lo siento no intiendes nacio? perro yo tengo 17 anos.
I don't have a spanish keyboard so anos wich was supposed to be years is now anus's very sorry. :-D

perpetual amor

• Annoying Newbie
  • thats me people!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 13, 2006, 09:10:54 AM »

Evonos gracias para hacerme agradable  :-)

DiscipleOfChaos

• Troll
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 13, 2006, 09:19:23 AM »

Don't.

HURR!

xolik

• King of the Geekery
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +541/-25
  • HAY GUYS
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 13, 2006, 09:53:47 AM »

Guys\Girls\Aliens whatever, knock that shit off. Keep the moon-language posts to PMs or God help me I'll turn the keyboard over to Ping Ping and you'll be up to your asses in Chinese posts.  :x
Barium: What you do if CPR fails.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
[The Fade^C Compound]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

perpetual amor

• Annoying Newbie
  • thats me people!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 13, 2006, 10:18:17 AM »

Guys\Girls\Aliens whatever, knock that shit off. Keep the moon-language posts to PMs or God help me I'll turn the keyboard over to Ping Ping and you'll be up to your asses in Chinese posts.  :x
sorry :-D

perpetual amor

• Annoying Newbie
  • thats me people!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 13, 2006, 10:20:28 AM »

Sorry again i was asked a question in spainsh so i replied in spanish.

Dark Shade

• Agent Of The System
  • Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +176/-5
  • "It is inevitable."
    • View Profile
    • Zombo
« Reply #73 on: October 13, 2006, 02:20:47 PM »

Why do I always miss 'em?  :x

Regardless, welcome to The Geekery! Like everyone has been saying before me, if you improve your typing skills a little and try to make a small effort, you'll be viewed in a much kinder light.

C'mon, give it a try. I've already seen some improvements over the last few pages, so keep at 'er! You can do it!  :-D

LuciferSam

• Wannabe Professional Blogger
  • Coolio Points: +122/-122
  • ástellaþ: ("hálette eormengrund!")
    • View Profile
    • ZomboCom
« Reply #74 on: October 13, 2006, 10:43:32 PM »

+1 for threatening people with Ping Ping.

Other than that, I'm in a generally pissy mood, so I won't say what I want to say about newbie.

• Q: What is green and homeomorphic to the open unit interval? A: The real lime!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4