The Geek Forum

• May 08, 2024, 06:48:48 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Due to the prolific nature of these forums, poster aggression is advised.

Recent Forum Posts

Shout Box

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 129618
  • Total Topics: 7184
  • Online Today: 147
  • Online Ever: 1013
  • (January 12, 2023, 01:18:11 AM)

Author Topic: A National Diploma in I.T. and i cant work out which is better, god help me...  (Read 3531 times)

smedheaddk

• Annoying Newbie
  • Coolio Points: +1/-3
    • View Profile

ok so reading this topic yes.. i have a diploma in IT and i have 2 system specs infront of me.. one seems the obvious better than the other but for some reason my mind has doubt.. so i thought id seek some people who maybe go you retard its obviously that one or.. the opposite of its that one than i wont regret making this choice at a later date...

ok these are the 2 specs i want to know which one is going to peform better.. upgrading of the graphics card is something ill be doing no matter which one it is.. i just dont want to make a mistake lol. would you believe i have a diploma from college :S? anyways here they are...

Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Q6600 2.4GHz, 1066MHz FSB, 8MB Cache Windows Vista (R) Home Premium 3GB Memory 250GB Hard Drive Dual Layer DVD Rewriter NVIDIA GeForce 8400 6 USB connections 2 PCI Slots 1 No. of Firewire Connections Full product information about ADVENT T9610 Refurbished PC Base Unit Hide product information about ADVENT T9610 Refurbished PC Base Unit

Full specification  Benefit
Processor Type Q6600   
RAM Memory 3072 MB   
Hard Disk Capacity 250 GB   
Plug In Removable Hard Drive NO   
Built-in Digital TV Tuner NO Enables you to watch Digital TV on your PC by connecting a external aerial socket
Remote Control NO Enables you to operate your equipment from a remote handset
802.11g Wireless Network Ready NO Allows you to connect to an existing wireless network such as in a office or a wireless hot spot
Graphics Description Intel Graphic Media Acce X3500   
Built-In HP Docking Station NO   
No of USB connections 6 The more connections the computer has the more equipment you can connect to your computer e.g. modem, printer, scanner, digital camera, PDA
No of PCI Slots 2 These slots are used to add hardware to your computer e.g. a video card 
No. of Firewire Connections 1 High speed data transfer link for digital video and other media. Ideal for quickly downloading video images from a camcorder to PC
Keyboard YES   
Wireless Keyboard and Mouse NO   
Mouse YES   
Software Titles Included WORKS 9 SE

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Product Information
THIS IS A REFURBISHED PRODUCT AND COMES WITH A FULL 12 MONTHS WARRANTY.
This computer has been professionally checked & tested and refurbished to a like new standard. Reboxed with all accessories and offered to you at a fantastic saving. Limited Quantities - Hurry while stock lasts!

Intel Core 2 Duo Processor E6420 2.13GHz, 1066MHz FSB, 4MB Cache Genuine Windows Vista(TM) Home Premium 2048MB RAM Memory 400GB Hard Drive Dual Layer DVD Re-Writer Drive 256MB ATI Radeon X1550 Graphics 802.11b/g Wireless Network Ready 8-In-1 Media Card Reader Full product information about PHILIPS MT5000 Refurbished PC Base Unit Hide product information about PHILIPS MT5000 Refurbished PC Base Unit

Full specification  Benefit
Processor Type Intel Core 2 Duo E6420   
Clock-Speed 2.13GHz   
Front Side BUS 1066MHz   
Cache 4 MB   
Operating-System Windows Vista Home Premium   
RAM Memory 2048 MB   
Hard Disk Capacity 400 GB   
Optical Drive 1 Dual Layer DVD Re-Writer Drive   
802.11g Wireless Network Ready YES Allows you to connect to an existing wireless network such as in a office or a wireless hot spot
Graphics Memory 256 MB The higher the memory the better quality images you are display
Graphics Description ATI Radeon X1550   
Speakers Included YES   
Media Card Reader 8-In-1 Allows the computer to read and transfer files onto a digital media card often found in digital cameras
No of USB connections 6 The more connections the computer has the more equipment you can connect to your computer e.g. modem, printer, scanner, digital camera, PDA
No. of Firewire Connections 1 High speed data transfer link for digital video and other media. Ideal for quickly downloading video images from a camcorder to PC
Keyboard YES   
Mouse YES   
Height 355 mm   
Width 180 mm   
Depth 460 mm   
Network LAN On Board LAN   
Software Titles Included Microsoft Works 8.5

just to let you know they are both priced at £350...

thanks in advance, a very confused male... chris

Wunderkind

• Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +419/-36
  • drunk and practicing witchcraft
    • View Profile

Because I don't believe in pressing my views on other people....

In your mind, does your introduction post count as an Tech Support Question?

Or...

Are you introducing yourself as a confused man with an IT degree and using the post as an example?

If the former... click here

If the later... Welcome!

If neither, ignore me completely and consider the fact that I really couldn't help you either way.
Because you either live life - bruises, skinned knees and all - or you turn your back on it and start dying. -- Captain Pike
I clicked 12AX7's banner.

smedheaddk

• Annoying Newbie
    • View Profile

haha well i just wrote a welcome bit lol.. but thanks for the welcome and statement one as correct... no sleep and scripting nwn all night has fried my brain so ill just go send this sexy repost in the place you sad i guess. lol thanks for the welcome :D

Chris aka Blade

pbsaurus

• Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +354/-31
  • Everyone Loves The King Of The Sea
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/flipperpete

aka is a funny middle name.

dcrog

• Banned on the run
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +253/-2
    • View Profile

aka is a funny middle name.

Not really.  I think it means he is from Sudan and that is the translation.

That or he had an above knee amputation.

Old enough to know better.
Apparently not wise enough.

And who says with age come's wisdom?

ivan

• Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +499/-50
  • Not a Mod, nor a Rocker. A Mocker.
    • View Profile

I thought it meant all kidding aside.

"I TYPE 120 WORDS PER MINUTE, BUT IT'S IN MY OWN LANGUAGE!"  -Detta

xolik: WHERE IS OBAMA'S GIFT CERTIFICATE?
Demosthenes: Is that from the gifters movement?

Detta: Crappy old shorts and a tank top.  This is how I dress for work. Because my job is to get puked on.
Demosthenes: So is mine.  I work in IT.

bananaskittles: The world is 4chan and God is a troll.

ivan

• Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +499/-50
  • Not a Mod, nor a Rocker. A Mocker.
    • View Profile

Or another Kremlin apparatchik.
"I TYPE 120 WORDS PER MINUTE, BUT IT'S IN MY OWN LANGUAGE!"  -Detta

xolik: WHERE IS OBAMA'S GIFT CERTIFICATE?
Demosthenes: Is that from the gifters movement?

Detta: Crappy old shorts and a tank top.  This is how I dress for work. Because my job is to get puked on.
Demosthenes: So is mine.  I work in IT.

bananaskittles: The world is 4chan and God is a troll.

Chris

• Administrator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +286/-8
  • IT'S A TARP
    • View Profile
    • The Geekery

You have a "diploma in IT"? Did they let you skip English before giving you that piece of paper they call a diploma?

Furthermore, are you trying to bamboozle us by asking tech-related questions when any true geek would build their own system from scratch using parts they acquired from online retailers such as Newegg or Mwave?

Jaepheth

• Computer Whore
  • Coolio Points: +114/-5
    • View Profile

Anyone else first read his name as "Smeg Head"?

I'm sorry, but the number you have dialed is imaginary. Please rotate the phone by 90 degrees and try again.

xolik

• King of the Geekery
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +541/-25
  • HAY GUYS
    • View Profile
Barium: What you do if CPR fails.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
[The Fade^C Compound]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

pbsaurus

• Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +354/-31
  • Everyone Loves The King Of The Sea
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/flipperpete

Anyone else first read his name as "Smeg Head"?

You mean it doesn't say that?

smedheaddk

• Annoying Newbie
    • View Profile

english isnt my strong subject.. and i am a sort of geek xD i dont know i just play on rpgs. like nwn RPing and scripting my server all day... who needs english when u have spell check! xD and no im not being cheezy by posting i was simply asking from other geek point of view which was better .. lolz? anyways time for bed as one of thems being deliverd tomoz now.. lol. bb

Vespertine

• The VSUBjugator
  • Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +371/-38
    • View Profile

english isnt my strong subject.. and i am a sort of geek xD i dont know i just play on rpgs. like nwn RPing and scripting my server all day... who needs english when u have spell check! xD and no im not being cheezy by posting i was simply asking from other geek point of view which was better .. lolz? anyways time for bed as one of thems being deliverd tomoz now.. lol. bb   FUCK!  I'M A COMPLETE MORON!
My head asplode...

Here, I fixed your post for you.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass.  And, I'm all out of bubble gum.