The Geek Forum

• May 12, 2024, 10:13:00 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Due to the prolific nature of these forums, poster aggression is advised.

Recent Forum Posts

Shout Box

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 129628
  • Total Topics: 7187
  • Online Today: 151
  • Online Ever: 1013
  • (January 12, 2023, 01:18:11 AM)

Author Topic: Newbie in da hood  (Read 1299 times)

karlib0y

• Annoying Newbie
  • Coolio Points: +0/-2
    • View Profile
Newbie in da hood
« on: March 31, 2009, 06:30:12 AM »

Hey everybody

My name is karlib0y (A.K.A. Karl) and I am a newly registered newbie here in the Geeks Forums..

I may sound like an adult to you (which I assume there are plenty of here), hence my formal writing. But actually, I am 16 years old and I am in high school, Year 11. I am from Norway, and I have Norwegian as my mother tongue. I study English as a second language followed by German, my third language.

I am a fairly experienced computer user (fairly experienced for my age), and some of my friends envy me. I know this sounds weird, but it's true.

I usually sit on my computer when I'm at school, since we have computers integrated in our subjects. I also do it a bit at home, and I have acquired my skills through pure experimenting and book reading.  :w:

Well, guess that's about it :)

Hope you guys have enjoyed my post. And before I forget... I have a question for you. Um.. Yesterday, I bought a new SanDisk Cruzer Pattern 8GB from my local electronics store, Clas Ohlson.

Today, something really weird happened. All of a sudden, the capacity of the drive was half-ed down, to 4GB. (This isn't because of the U3 System) I really got mad, but I cannot do anything, since I have opened and used it. I don't think that the store want to look at it at all, although I haven't been down there yet to ask them for mercy.

I have tried different solutions, among them is the Partition Manager that followed with my installation of Windows XP. Yet, nothing seems to be working.

Do you guys know how to restore the space that I have lost?

Thanks in Advance!

Probie

• Professional Blogger
  • Coolio Points: +223/-5
  • The natural nap catalyst
    • View Profile
    • SoggyBlog
Re: Newbie in da hood
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 09:08:21 AM »

Welcome Karl,

Had a quick google about and cant find the problem, I saw once that the scandisk software can do some sort of backup thing so it might be worth looking at the instructions, I think it comes with a lot of bloat and stuff.

Not 100% just stabbing in the dark also my friend Sam thought she was buying an 8gig once and she miss read the the label and the 8gig was the max using the compression software on the pen.

Just a note, usually on forums it is imperative to introduce yourself before asking for help, it sets the tone and stops people thinking that you are just going to ask your question and leave. We are not here for free tech support and whilst I don't mind trying to help (if i have the expertise required) I don't have time to waste doing other people research for them.

Edit: I should also mention you are not an enemy silly!

« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 09:11:26 AM by Probie »
// ------- Probie ------- //
// ----------------------- //
// --- T3H GEEKERY --- //
// ----------------------- //
www.niccisixx.com - I can put this here, because I'm awesome.

Wunderkind

• Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +419/-36
  • drunk and practicing witchcraft
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2009, 09:35:02 AM »

Welcome.

How do you think it will end?
Robot Aliens
A dicussion about the life cycle of Mayflies
Because you either live life - bruises, skinned knees and all - or you turn your back on it and start dying. -- Captain Pike
I clicked 12AX7's banner.

karlib0y

• Annoying Newbie
  • Coolio Points: +0/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2009, 02:57:44 PM »

Thanks guys for trying to help me out :)

I visited the electronics store, and asked them to investigate. They didn't know how to fix it, so I just got a new one :) Ain't that wonderful?

xolik

• King of the Geekery
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +541/-25
  • HAY GUYS
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2009, 03:50:32 PM »

EGO ITT
Barium: What you do if CPR fails.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
[The Fade^C Compound]