The Geek Forum

• April 27, 2024, 11:33:33 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Due to the prolific nature of these forums, poster aggression is advised.

Recent Forum Posts

Shout Box

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 129551
  • Total Topics: 7148
  • Online Today: 179
  • Online Ever: 1013
  • (January 12, 2023, 01:18:11 AM)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: W7F Newslets  (Read 13808 times)

pbsaurus

• Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +354/-31
  • Everyone Loves The King Of The Sea
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/flipperpete
Re: W7F Newslets
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2011, 01:31:26 PM »

I wouldn't have made it out of first grade.  We used to take the US Govt skillcraft pens and turn them into guns with the springs and the little white projectile thingy.

Demosthenes

• Evil Ex-HN Moderator
  • Administrator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +567/-72
  • Just try me. See what happens.
    • View Profile
    • Zombo
« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2011, 08:12:50 PM »

I wouldn't have made it out of first grade.  We used to take the US Govt skillcraft pens and turn them into guns with the springs and the little white projectile thingy.

Yup, we did too.  Until I figured out how to augment said arrangement with part of a broken paper clip melted to the white plastic thingy with a lighter.

Yes, I was a little shit.  No, I did not get expelled.

But today I would not only have been expelled, but brought up on charges, and probably medicated to boot.

Our society is broken.

Coolio Points: 89,000,998,776,554,211,222
Detta Puzzle Points: 45

Banning forum idiots since 2001

Wunderkind

• Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +419/-36
  • drunk and practicing witchcraft
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2011, 10:22:45 PM »

Because you either live life - bruises, skinned knees and all - or you turn your back on it and start dying. -- Captain Pike
I clicked 12AX7's banner.

Demosthenes

• Evil Ex-HN Moderator
  • Administrator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +567/-72
  • Just try me. See what happens.
    • View Profile
    • Zombo
« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2011, 10:34:43 PM »

Coolio Points: 89,000,998,776,554,211,222
Detta Puzzle Points: 45

Banning forum idiots since 2001

12AX7

« Reply #54 on: February 07, 2011, 10:37:28 PM »

Hic Revertimini

12AX7

« Reply #55 on: February 07, 2011, 10:41:12 PM »

Hmm. That doesn't translate well.

Rursus imus

a little better.

12AX7

« Reply #56 on: February 20, 2011, 05:08:33 PM »

Columbia University is representative of Obama's vision for America. Liberals, those brave souls who preach tolerance for sexual deviants, who care more about protecting the rights of livestock than the rights of the unborn, these are the most intolerant, hate-filled, judgmental, godless, hedonistic and worthless members of society.

Here you have a brave young man, who fought to protect everybody's freedom to speak their minds, and he is greeted with the rudeness which has become commonplace in the elitist liberal culture, whether it comes out of the mouth of Rosie O'Donnell, Bill Maher, Joy Behar or any number of hate-spewing leftists who hate America and everything our founders stood for.

In Obama's America, you have teachers in Wisconsin fraudulently calling in sick and then carting the school kids to protest. In Obama's America, you turn a blind eye to an invasion of illegals, and you sue any state that dares to enforce the law. In Obama's America, you force a communist-style health care bill on the people whether they want it or not, and you cry "racist" every time someone opposes you.

Education is replaced by indoctrination in Obama's America, and in Obama's America, what George Soros wants, George Soros gets.

Obama's America abandons her allies when they are challenged. Obama's America apologizes to everybody for everything good we have ever done. Obama's America embraces Muslims while shunning true Christianity. Obama's America encourages unrest, encourages contempt, encourages corruption, encourages fraud and encourages reckless spending. Obama's America is a modern-day Pompei, daring God to reign down judgment upon her.

12AX7

« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2011, 05:16:22 PM »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1358792/Anjem-Choudary-lead-White-House-protest-calling-Muslims-rise-up.html

cleric to lead White House protest calling for Muslims to 'rise up and establish Islamic state in America'

Vespertine

• The VSUBjugator
  • Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +371/-38
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 21, 2011, 10:21:03 PM »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1358792/Anjem-Choudary-lead-White-House-protest-calling-Muslims-rise-up.html

cleric to lead White House protest calling for Muslims to 'rise up and establish Islamic state in America'

You left out this part of the article.

"However, whether the three will be able to enter the U.S., especially Izzadeen, remains to be seen. Even a tourist visa requires applicants to answer questions on whether they have been involved in acts of terrorism or plan to commit crimes in the U.S"
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass.  And, I'm all out of bubble gum.

12AX7

« Reply #59 on: February 21, 2011, 10:29:58 PM »

You left out this part of the article.
"However, whether the three will be able to enter the U.S., especially Izzadeen, remains to be seen. Even a tourist visa requires applicants to answer questions on whether they have been involved in acts of terrorism or plan to commit crimes in the U.S"

Because it is irrelevant. It really doesnt matter if those individuals come here at all if they have support already here.

"Mr Choudary said the March rally was organised by the Islamic Thinkers society, an extremist group based in New York."

« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 03:18:05 AM by 12AX7 »

Vespertine

• The VSUBjugator
  • Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 22, 2011, 09:39:04 PM »

Because it is irrelevant. It really doesnt matter if those individuals come here at all if they have support already here.

"Mr Choudary said the March rally was organised by the Islamic Thinkers society, an extremist group based in New York."

Yes, and I would bet my life's savings that this group is on the terrorist watch list.  Hell, one of it's high-profile members (one of the guys named in the article) did time for inciting terrorism or something like that.  More importantly, just like all propagandists these people claim grassroots support in the country they want to take over (i.e. the U.S.).  Hell, he says flatly, "I think the American people’s hearts and minds are open to receive Islam as an alternative way of life. We expect thousands to come out and support us."  He's clearly very deluded.

Or, is your issue that this particular extremist group exists in the United States?   :-)
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass.  And, I'm all out of bubble gum.

12AX7

« Reply #61 on: February 23, 2011, 05:49:03 AM »

Issue?  I'm just pointing it out. There is a rally, at the White House, organized by extremists. That doesn't concern you in the slightest? If this were the KKK, I'd bet my life savings your comments would be more along the lines of how ignorant, racist and hateful that group is and what they want to do, etc. Why A L W A Y S the kid gloves with anything Islam?

Vespertine

• The VSUBjugator
  • Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 23, 2011, 10:26:20 AM »

Issue?  I'm just pointing it out. There is a rally, at the White House, organized by extremists. That doesn't concern you in the slightest? If this were the KKK, I'd bet my life savings your comments would be more along the lines of how ignorant, racist and hateful that group is and what they want to do, etc. Why A L W A Y S the kid gloves with anything Islam?
First, if it was the KKK, I also would shrug and basically say, "Whatever".  The Bill of Rights is the home base that I run to on this ALWAYS.  "...the right to peaceably assemble..."  Doesn't matter how abhorrent I find an ideology, in the Unites States they (whoever "they" may be) have the right to protest.  This particular extremist group's protest doesn't concern me from a security standpoint because I know they're on watch lists the world over.

Second, it's not always kid gloves with Islam.  Truth is, Islam is something that only rarely comes up in my conversations.  I run to their defense with you specifically, because almost every time I see you post something about it/them, it's about how violent and extremist they all are.  I could totally be misreading you, but my perception is that you are bent on believing that Muslims and Islam itself are all terrorists or would-be terrorists.  I've tried to point out to you that I know many Muslims who aren't much different from you or me, and your response was basically, "sure, everyone 'knows' the peaceful ones, but why do i never hear about them on the news" (or something like that).  So in short, I defend because you attack.  I'm a sucker for the underdog.   :-D

12AX7

« Reply #63 on: February 23, 2011, 02:32:23 PM »

Then you are reading me wrong.

because almost every time I see you post something about it/them, it's about how violent and extremist they all are.

Um, no? You remember the conversations we already had about how many millions of Muslims AREN'T violent and extremist? And how I said (over and over) that I was talking about the extremists; and was wondering why the majority was relatively silent. You have a tendency to color me one way
without taking what I actually said into consideration. Please stop. I don't think the majority of Muslims are terrorists any more than you believe all southern white males are racist, backwards redneck members of the KKK. Or that either of us believe most Christians follow texts such as Leviticus, etc.
  The difference is it is ok to point out how fucked up or bigoted or just plain retarded any of those groups are - except Islam. Why is that?
 If a significantly sized Christian group violently attacked America, and vowed to do it again and again; I would probably be just as concerned with them as well. If they were on a terror watch list, and somehow were OK'ed to rally at the White House to promote Old Testament laws be the Law of the Land; I would be irritated at that too. But I don't post those things because I dont see it happening. Except from vocal Muslims; who apparently are mostly in favour of that rather than assimilation (ie;, UK, France, Germany) 

12AX7

« Reply #64 on: February 24, 2011, 04:26:40 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/videobeta/a8725675-3178-4ea0-9201-2ae6f3bd2cd0/News/Arvada-Police-defend-arrest-of-11-year-old-boy-over-drawing

Arvada Police arrest 11 year old boy over drawing. That's right; the police came to his house, handcuffed him and took him to jail, then a mental facility for three days - over a DRAWING. WHAT. The. FUCK??
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 04:29:21 PM by 12AX7 »

ivan

• Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +499/-50
  • Not a Mod, nor a Rocker. A Mocker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 24, 2011, 04:30:46 PM »

I'm really glad I didn't save any of my childhood doodles.
"I TYPE 120 WORDS PER MINUTE, BUT IT'S IN MY OWN LANGUAGE!"  -Detta

xolik: WHERE IS OBAMA'S GIFT CERTIFICATE?
Demosthenes: Is that from the gifters movement?

Detta: Crappy old shorts and a tank top.  This is how I dress for work. Because my job is to get puked on.
Demosthenes: So is mine.  I work in IT.

bananaskittles: The world is 4chan and God is a troll.

Vespertine

• The VSUBjugator
  • Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 24, 2011, 06:19:56 PM »

Then you are reading me wrong.

Um, no? You remember the conversations we already had about how many millions of Muslims AREN'T violent and extremist? And how I said (over and over) that I was talking about the extremists; and was wondering why the majority was relatively silent. You have a tendency to color me one way
without taking what I actually said into consideration. Please stop. I don't think the majority of Muslims are terrorists any more than you believe all southern white males are racist, backwards redneck members of the KKK. Or that either of us believe most Christians follow texts such as Leviticus, etc.
  The difference is it is ok to point out how fucked up or bigoted or just plain retarded any of those groups are - except Islam. Why is that?
 If a significantly sized Christian group violently attacked America, and vowed to do it again and again; I would probably be just as concerned with them as well. If they were on a terror watch list, and somehow were OK'ed to rally at the White House to promote Old Testament laws be the Law of the Land; I would be irritated at that too. But I don't post those things because I dont see it happening. Except from vocal Muslims; who apparently are mostly in favour of that rather than assimilation (ie;, UK, France, Germany) 
I thought I was pretty clear that it was MY perception and that I could be misreading you.  But, you want me to stop?  Fine, I'll stop.  I am done engaging in the conversation when the topic is Muslims or Islam.

12AX7

« Reply #67 on: February 24, 2011, 06:40:46 PM »

I thought I was pretty clear that it was MY perception and that I could be misreading you.  But, you want me to stop?  Fine, I'll stop.  I am done engaging in the conversation when the topic is Muslims or Islam.

This is excatly what I was talkening about.

I actually wrote "You have a tendency to color me one way
without taking what I actually said into consideration. Please stop."

You somehow see it as "But, you want me to stop?  Fine, I'll stop.  I am done engaging in the conversation when the topic is Muslims or Islam"

So, either you misunderstood my sentence completely, or you read it and came up with your own interpretation, or you can't discuss Muslims without assuming that because I mention them; I hate them. Or something. I don't know which it is; but the end result *seems* to be that you think I'm a bigoted, racist, hater. And it bugs
me to know how you got that idea, when what I've always posted is completely the opposite. While it is true I am not usually "politically correct" with my speech/verbage; I'm hardly bigoted towards anyone that doesn't want to hurt me.

Banshee

• Geek
  • Coolio Points: +106/-3
  • Baby-Eater
    • View Profile
    • A Shadow Priest
« Reply #68 on: February 24, 2011, 06:46:34 PM »

You somehow see it as "But, you want me to stop?  Fine, I'll stop.  I am done engaging in the conversation when the topic is Muslims or Islam"

So, either you misunderstood my sentence completely, or you read it and came up with your own interpretation, or you can't discuss Muslims without assuming that because I mention them; I hate them. Or something. I don't know which it is; but the end result *seems* to be that you think I'm a bigoted, racist, hater. And it bugs
me to know how you got that idea, when what I've always posted is completely the opposite. While it is true I am not usually "politically correct" with my speech/verbage; I'm hardly bigoted towards anyone that doesn't want to hurt me.

<Physically assaults 12, calls him a really nice, animal loving, highly evolved human being>

<Ravishes Vespertine, takes her out on a really nice date, calls her cutesy names>
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 06:49:31 PM by Banshee »
"Dear pete, lol. U r dum." - Bobert

Vespertine

• The VSUBjugator
  • Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 24, 2011, 06:57:08 PM »

<Physically assaults 12, calls him a really nice, animal loving, highly evolved human being>

<Ravishes Vespertine, takes her out on a really nice date, calls her cutesy names>
Ahem, 'bitch' is NOT a cutesy name.   :lol:

12AX7

« Reply #70 on: February 24, 2011, 06:57:56 PM »

I think he misreads our flirting, Ves. ;-)

Vespertine

• The VSUBjugator
  • Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 24, 2011, 07:02:28 PM »

You somehow see it as "But, you want me to stop?  Fine, I'll stop.  I am done engaging in the conversation when the topic is Muslims or Islam"

Well then I feel the need to state emphatically that I do not not NOT think that you are bigoted, or racist, or a hater.  If someone thought I was any of those things, it would bug me too.  So please believe that I think much more highly of you than that.  I think it's that sometimes you state something strongly, almost like an initial, visceral reaction, and only later agree to come down and have a less emotionally charged conversation/debate/whatever.  I think that that initial charged statement might stick with me more than it should.

12AX7

« Reply #72 on: February 24, 2011, 07:07:02 PM »

That's true.  Kinda like headlines; LOOK AT ME!

...I miss being onstage. :-(

12AX7

« Reply #73 on: February 24, 2011, 07:08:29 PM »

I think much more highly of you than that.

Also; Thanks. :-)

I lurves you too!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 07:10:55 PM by 12AX7 »

12AX7

« Reply #74 on: March 02, 2011, 02:47:07 AM »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110302/ap_on_en_mu/as_japan_nazi_band

Come on now. Really? Some unknown band in Japan wearing something that resembles Nazi
uniforms? This is enough to cause "shock and dismay" to American Jews?
 IMHO, made up 'outrage' like this only serves to diminish shock and dismay at the real holocaust. Those were
real people who really suffered. This is a fucking Japanese pop band's outfit.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4