The Geek Forum

• May 09, 2024, 07:33:44 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Due to the prolific nature of these forums, poster aggression is advised.

Recent Forum Posts

Shout Box

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 129620
  • Total Topics: 7184
  • Online Today: 154
  • Online Ever: 1013
  • (January 12, 2023, 01:18:11 AM)

Author Topic: Let's get personal! - The moderator edition  (Read 2686 times)

Chris

• Administrator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +286/-8
  • IT'S A TARP
    • View Profile
    • The Geekery
Let's get personal! - The moderator edition
« on: May 18, 2005, 08:20:32 AM »

Submitted byTheJudge

Greetings! It gives me great pleasure to introduce to you the first segment of Let’s get personal! - The moderators edition. We begin our journey with the discovery of our beloved Catwritr. I’ve asked her a variety of questions that I hope will give you a better picture of who she really is. Indeed, contrary to popular belief, it is my opinion that she is not COMPLETELY evil! Judge for yourselves!

TJ: I know you like to write. Tell me what does writing do for you that you can't get from anything else?
C: It's an outlet like no other. I can write feelings, fears, hopes, desires, dreams, and any other thing I want to into a passage. I can be as honest or as deceptive as I wish.

TJ: What do you like to write about the most?
C: Lately I've been writing about things that have actually happened to me. In the past, it was very dark, angsty stuff. I still have that sort of thing in mind, though.

TJ: How many hours a week do you spend in front of a monitor? Doing what?
C: Far too many. Because I'm a web designer/coder, I spend all day at work staring at HTML tags and PHP code. I'm connected to IRC all day. I read the news online through the day. I have several forums to keep up with, plus my personal website and journal. I play games and do research. I should have a cat-5 cable jacked directly into my skull.

TJ: What is the most important quality a friend of yours MUST have? C: Tolerance. Respect.

TJ: What is the one thing that really ticks you off? What's the thing that will make your wonderful smile turn into some indescribable abomination (other than silly questions!)?
C: Injustice.

TJ: If you could save a strangers life by donating one of your organs, but this would in turn reduce your quality of life, what are some factors that would influence your decision.
C: The manner in which this person came to need a new organ. If they wasted their life away abusing drugs and alcohol, it's their own damn fault. If they heroically rescued a drowning child and somehow lost a kidney in the process, then I'd consider it.

TJ: Do you give blood?
C: I would if I could. I've passed out two of the four times I tried to give, because my blood pressure is so low to begin with.

TJ: What is your most cherished childhood memory?
C: I can't say I have one in particular, but I remember a lot of happy things: my brother and I playing in the trees at my grandparents' farmhouse; going to ValleyFair with my parents and our neighbors; the rainy day we got our first dog, Jessie, and played with her in the garage; the friends I had in elementary school when we were completely naïve about how the world really worked. In a lot of ways, I'd like to be eight years old again.

TJ: What is the one thing you wish to accomplish before you die? What do you want others to remember the most about you?
C: As for what I want to accomplish before I die, I'd like to get some original work of mine published.

I guess I'd like people to remember that I was always true to myself. I never let anyone or any situation dictate my actions.

TJ: Who do you most admire and why?
C: My parents. My brother and I grew up pretty normal and stable, despite plenty of opportunities to fuck up our lives. No matter what, my parents have always been there for us. Though I don't want kids, I think parenting is one of the most challenging things you can do in your life. Kudos to those who survive it.

TJ: top 3 movies?
C:
Casablanca
Clerks
Dracula (Bela Lugosi, not Gary Oldman)

TJ: top 3 songs?
C: You're kidding me, right? It was hard enough picking 3 movies. I love music far more than movies. Top 3 songs for what? Clubbing? Relaxing? Letting out rage?

How about Top 3 Nostalgia Songs?
Tracy Chapman - Fast Car
Melissa Etheridge - You Used to Love to Dance
Better Than Ezra - Porcelain

TJ: Best food EVAR!!!?
C: Generally speaking, Italian. Specifically, a killer chicken marsala with asparagus and TONS of garlic.

TJ: Describe a typical Catwritr week.
C: Sunday: Lay around, recover from the night before, do laundry and housework as necessary.
Monday-Friday: Get up at 6 or 7, go to work, try not to lash out at irrational coworkers, go home around 1 or 2, run errands if I have the car, do housework, nap, exercise, etc. till dinner around 4:30. Watch TV, run errands, screw around on the internet until bed.
Saturday: Get up early if we can to go to the Farmer's Market for fresh veggies, fruits, cheese, and potato doughnuts. Go shopping or whatever during the day. I spend most of my Saturday nights at a local dance club with my friends.
Rinse, lather, repeat.

TJ: Last one! If you had the power to change one event in your own life, for better or for worse, what would you change. And no "I wouldn't change a thing answer!". If you had to change something, what would it be?
C:I regret nothing. Okay, one thing, but I'm not going to talk about it. It's trivial in the grand scheme of things.

But since you're making me choose one thing, I probably would've come to UW-Madison sooner than I did. I went through such an evolution after moving here, I have to wonder if it would've been as sharp as it was had I come down a year earlier. Of course, that would've changed EVERYTHING I went through here, and I wouldn't change that for the world. So long as everything else could still happen, I'd have come to Madison sooner.

Well… There you have it folks. I hope you learned something interesting about Cat, her personality and her passions. Please, if you have questions for her or wish to expand on some of her answers, then by all means do so. I’m sure she would be delighted to share.

Look for another article of Let’s get personal! - The moderators edition coming soon to a PC near you.

Min

• Nice Ex-Hackernetwork Moderator
  • Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +468/-13
  • Slacker Wiseass
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2005, 09:02:28 PM »

Ok, I finally got to start reading these now.  I didn't want to read anything anyone else wrote until I finished my own...didn't want to sway any answers.

Quote from: Cat

Goddammit you did it to me again!!!  Waterworks as soon as I even saw the name of the song.  Heh.
Flammable : Inflammable :: Duh : No Duh
"I TYPE 120 WORDS PER MINUTE, BUT IT'S IN MY OWN LANGUAGE!"  -ivan
1,180,463,441,680 Coolio Points

hackess

• Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +10/-0
  • DFG
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2005, 09:11:58 PM »

Quote from: Detta
Quote from: Cat

Goddammit you did it to me again!!!  Waterworks as soon as I even saw the name of the song.  Heh.

If it makes you feel any better, it does it to me, too.