The Geek Forum

• May 13, 2024, 12:57:07 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Due to the prolific nature of these forums, poster aggression is advised.

Recent Forum Posts

Shout Box

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 129628
  • Total Topics: 7187
  • Online Today: 143
  • Online Ever: 1013
  • (January 12, 2023, 01:18:11 AM)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: hello evryone  (Read 16745 times)

Evonus

• Whipping Boy
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +158/-296
  • ZE TROLL KING!
    • View Profile
Re: hello evryone
« Reply #75 on: October 13, 2006, 11:43:52 PM »

+1 for threatening people with Ping Ping.

Other than that, I'm in a generally pissy mood, so I won't say what I want to say about newbie.

-1 for taking your problems out on fellow board members. That's bizb's job.
"Did you name your mole Avogadro?" -PBsaurus

perpetual amor

• Annoying Newbie
  • Coolio Points: +5/-4
  • thats me people!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 14, 2006, 04:46:32 AM »

Why do I always miss 'em?  :x

Regardless, welcome to The Geekery! Like everyone has been saying before me, if you improve your typing skills a little and try to make a small effort, you'll be viewed in a much kinder light.

C'mon, give it a try. I've already seen some improvements over the last few pages, so keep at 'er! You can do it!  :-D

Thankyou, iam trying my best i will get better i'am just going to read all the other posts and try and improve mine.

Scheherazade

• The Lorax Of Nose Pickers
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +177/-54
  • What is cheese but a corpse of milk?
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #77 on: October 14, 2006, 10:14:30 AM »

Hola encantada/o.
 Que tal? yo vivido en fuengirola malaga.
Lo siento no intiendes nacio? perro yo tengo 17 anos.
I don't have a spanish keyboard so anos wich was supposed to be years is now anus's very sorry. :-D

Antonio Banderas is from Malaga. Evonus's question that included "nacio" was: Were you born in Spain?

I also speak Spanish. :D

trekchick

• Jail Bait
  • Coolio Points: +116/-7
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 14, 2006, 05:27:22 PM »

wait wait wait...

... she doesn't even know her owwn country's name in her first language?

now, that's just, odd.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you oughtta go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q

Anyanka_was_framed

• Wannabe Professional Blogger
  • Coolio Points: +148/-4
  • Your logic does not resemble our earth logic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 14, 2006, 05:31:25 PM »

wait wait wait...

now, that's just, odd.

hmmm, methinks there was an issue over the meaning of "nacio" as in she couldn't say where she was born because she didn't understand the question for whatever reason (my Spanish is rusty so I'm of little help to determine why).

But curious, hmmmm

ps: nice Q quote.  You also knew it would be a good ep if Q was in it.

Mal: "Well, look at this! Appears we got here just in the nick of time. Whaddya suppose that makes us?"
Zoe: "Big damn heroes, sir."

trekchick

• Jail Bait
  • Coolio Points: +116/-7
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 14, 2006, 07:55:11 PM »

yep, i knew if Q was in it, it was going to be amazing.

i heart Q... along with Worf, and Data, and Picard and the list goes on
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you oughtta go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q

Evonus

• Whipping Boy
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +158/-296
  • ZE TROLL KING!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 14, 2006, 11:20:17 PM »

wait wait wait...

now, that's just, odd.

No, she didn't know the verb for "were born" that I used. That could be due to the fact that my dialect of spanish is pretty much Caribean(I learned it in Florida), and there are usually different words between the different dialects.
"Did you name your mole Avogadro?" -PBsaurus

Anyanka_was_framed

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 15, 2006, 02:17:28 AM »

No, she didn't know the verb for "were born" that I used. That could be due to the fact that my dialect of spanish is pretty much Caribean(I learned it in Florida), and there are usually different words between the different dialects.

That's what I figured...in my high school we learned new vocabulary from different Spanish-speaking areas every year...one year was Spanish from Spain, another from Central America, then South, then back to Spain....and I hardly remember any of it...or any of the 2 semesters of German in college..old age I guess  :wink:

Mal: "Well, look at this! Appears we got here just in the nick of time. Whaddya suppose that makes us?"

perpetual amor

• Annoying Newbie
  • thats me people!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 15, 2006, 05:40:04 AM »

Antonio Banderas is from Malaga. Evonus's question that included "nacio" was: Were you born in Spain?

I also speak Spanish. :D
[/quote
I have seen met him!
There was a big party in a church were i lived for one of his children.
I have also been in his night club  :-D

perpetual amor

• Annoying Newbie
  • thats me people!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 15, 2006, 06:03:07 AM »

And i don't speak king spanish wich evonos was speaking i grew up in a bad area,so i was tought how to speak like they did.

Scheherazade

• Hacker
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #85 on: October 15, 2006, 07:29:24 AM »

Can you disprove something for me? My Spanish teacher (whom I loathe) has a lisp, and she says that everyone in Spain talks with a lisp (lithp). Is this true? I don't believe it.

Anyanka_was_framed

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 15, 2006, 08:38:06 AM »

Can you disprove something for me? My Spanish teacher (whom I loathe) has a lisp, and she says that everyone in Spain talks with a lisp (lithp). Is this true? I don't believe it.

Mine too!  All the ones who focused on Spain-spanish (the equivalent of High German vs dialects? i guess) spoke with a lisp, saying that years ago the King did so and in order to aleviate his embarassment had all of his people speak with a lisp as well.  Is that true or were they just playin us?  Because we're pretty gullible.

perpetual amor

• Annoying Newbie
  • thats me people!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 15, 2006, 08:50:46 AM »

The only time you speak with a lisp is when a "C" comes in a certain part of a word like in between two vowels e.g mucho you don't lisp the "C"but if you are  saying Gracias you lisp the "C" because it comes in between two vowels.

perpetual amor

• Annoying Newbie
  • thats me people!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 15, 2006, 08:54:55 AM »

Mine too!  All the ones who focused on Spain-spanish (the equivalent of High German vs dialects? i guess) spoke with a lisp, saying that years ago the King did so and in order to aleviate his embarassment had all of his people speak with a lisp as well.  Is that true or were they just playin us?  Because we're pretty gullible.
The king did not have a lisp.
 I remember my mother asking a teacher of mine the same question and the teacher said he didn't so i thought better to belive a spanish lady.

Anyanka_was_framed

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 15, 2006, 08:58:53 AM »

The king did not have a lisp.
 I remember my mother asking a teacher of mine the same question and the teacher said he didn't so i thought better to belive a spanish lady.

Hmph.  Well, truth be told one of them didn't state it as fact, though the other one who said it was true thought everything she said was true and could not be contradicted, so really this makes me feel better.  SO THERE SPANISH TEACHER.  So is it just the dialect, that's just how it's done for that specific rule?

perpetual amor

• Annoying Newbie
  • thats me people!
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: October 15, 2006, 10:38:47 AM »

Hmph.  Well, truth be told one of them didn't state it as fact, though the other one who said it was true thought everything she said was true and could not be contradicted, so really this makes me feel better.  SO THERE SPANISH TEACHER.  So is it just the dialect, that's just how it's done for that specific rule?
Thats the rule no matter were you are in the world if you change it it makes no sense.

Anyanka_was_framed

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 15, 2006, 10:44:46 AM »

Thats the rule no matter were you are in the world if you change it it makes no sense.

In a small way, that blows my mind.  4 years of Spanish class=lie.  You know, I have a feeling that, much like the rest of our education system, language teachers aren't all on the same page.  Considering the topic you'd think it would not be an issue, but clearly they're not all speaking the same language.  Kinda like when my German prof thought it would be really awesome to 1)not teach us High German but a dialect from where ever the hell he was from and 2)not teach the alphabet...as in, "you know twenty words, you know alphabet! no more questions!"

perpetual amor

• Annoying Newbie
  • thats me people!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 15, 2006, 12:17:19 PM »

In a small way, that blows my mind.  4 years of Spanish class=lie.  You know, I have a feeling that, much like the rest of our education system, language teachers aren't all on the same page.  Considering the topic you'd think it would not be an issue, but clearly they're not all speaking the same language.  Kinda like when my German prof thought it would be really awesome to 1)not teach us High German but a dialect from where ever the hell he was from and 2)not teach the alphabet...as in, "you know twenty words, you know alphabet! no more questions!"

Best way to learn spanish isnt in books.
I couldnt understand books because they just confuse me, i went out and met spanish people and eventualy i picked up how they spoke, if iam speaking to an older person i will speak king spainish thats basicly just polite spainish but if iam with the younger people wich i always was i would speak the slang version.

Scheherazade

• Hacker
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #93 on: October 15, 2006, 07:37:31 PM »

I'm going to forget every word of Spanish as soon as I stop taking it. But for now, I speak Spanish! xD

Anyanka_was_framed

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 15, 2006, 08:46:35 PM »

Best way to learn spanish isnt in books.
I couldnt understand books because they just confuse me, i went out and met spanish people and eventualy i picked up how they spoke, if iam speaking to an older person i will speak king spainish thats basicly just polite spainish but if iam with the younger people wich i always was i would speak the slang version.

That's definitely true.  If I had had the time and money I would have gone on the Spain trips my school had but alas...I sooo want to go to Europe before I'm poorer than I am from school and being paid shit...ok so in my head that sentence made sense.  I have been to Germany though, which helped my German tremendously by the end of the trip.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]