The Geek Forum

• April 28, 2024, 01:59:06 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Due to the prolific nature of these forums, poster aggression is advised.

Recent Forum Posts

Shout Box

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 129555
  • Total Topics: 7152
  • Online Today: 189
  • Online Ever: 1013
  • (January 12, 2023, 01:18:11 AM)

Author Topic: Saturday  (Read 1450 times)

pbsaurus

• Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +354/-31
  • Everyone Loves The King Of The Sea
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/flipperpete
Saturday
« on: May 21, 2007, 03:37:09 PM »

I went to see my friend's friend's band Dolorata at The Bottom Of The Hill in The City.  I was pleasantly surprised.  I really like Dolorata and they sound better every time I hear them.  Great rhythm section and the violinist is amazing.  But I was really pleased with the other three bands.  Dynamite 8 opened and totally kicked ass.  Joanne is a great singer (she also is Clam Dip, the drummer for the Womentors).  Great stage presence and personality.  The Charm School Dropouts went on next.  The singer threw sex toys out into the audience.  I bought their CD for $7.  Great set. 

Third was Dolorata and they rocked as usual.  The headliners were Wire Graffiti.  Good show, expecially their finale.  The guitarist was over the top on that one.  Nice wall of sound.  I bought their new CD as it was their CD release show and they threw in their previous one for free.  $10.  I really wish I could get out more, and at $10 for shows like these it's definitely affordable.  So I'm out $27, had a great time, and have 3 CDs.  Kids be sure to support your local bands, the over-produced commercial stuff is crap.  Crap I say!