The Geek Forum

• May 15, 2024, 04:59:23 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Due to the prolific nature of these forums, poster aggression is advised.

Recent Forum Posts

Shout Box

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 129631
  • Total Topics: 7188
  • Online Today: 198
  • Online Ever: 1013
  • (January 12, 2023, 01:18:11 AM)
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Thankyou, you dickless wonder.  (Read 7549 times)

7thSON

• Jail Bait
  • Coolio Points: +7/-0
    • View Profile
Thankyou, you dickless wonder.
« on: December 04, 2002, 08:17:17 PM »

<rant>

Hey you know what I freakin hate more than anything?  More than tricked out ultra-riced Type R's with big-ass spoilers?  The freakin dickless wonders who insist on driving in the freakin left hand lane on the interstate, goin 45 MPH, sight seeing.  As if the freaking median between north and southbound traffic is so scenic they have to soak it all in.  Damn Floridiots don't know how to drive I tell you.  It's as if there was a requirement that before you retire and move to Florida, you must first FAIL your driving exam.  Horribly.

And after I pass them, they freaking speed up and follow me?  Holy crap I just want to choke them all!!!!!!!   Don't get me wrong, I'm not some lane-changing, traffic-weaving asshole who has to be one car length ahead of everyone else on the road.  I can be as patient as any other psycho bent on ridding the world of idiocy.  But shit, give me a break I say!!  The left lane is for PASSING.  That's it.  Got it?!

And another thing - is it too much trouble to use your goddam blinkers?  SheeeeeI-it.  Common, it's freaking common courtesy!  You freaking selfish traffic slowing lane changing cutting me off inconsiderate bastard!  Your car came with blinkers, so USE THEM!

I'm not even going to start with all the punks in their Type R's cuttin me off like their shit don't stink - I believe they're just a by-product of everything else in this awful hellhole.  Florida, sunny, warm, lotsa bikinis, and the worst state to drive in.  EvaARr!!1!1!1!!!

</rant>

*whew*  Sorry all,  But I got a wicked hair up my arse that needed plucking.

Min

• Nice Ex-Hackernetwork Moderator
  • Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +468/-13
  • Slacker Wiseass
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2002, 08:29:48 PM »

Have another beer.  You need to calm down.

Around here, we call them the SRD's (Shitty Richmond Drivers).  They're all over the place!  I guess where you are, they'd be...STD's??

Oh yeah...and I almost forgot about when it snows!  These idiots drive like maniacs because they think it's safe because they drive their SUV's...my truck's a 4WD, and it spun out on the Willey Bridge, just like everyone else's car.  You gotta be careful in an ice storm no matter what you're driving.  I'm askeered of these nut jobs.

And yet when it rains...everyone comes to a screeching halt.  I don't get it.
Flammable : Inflammable :: Duh : No Duh
"I TYPE 120 WORDS PER MINUTE, BUT IT'S IN MY OWN LANGUAGE!"  -ivan
1,180,463,441,680 Coolio Points

Daria

• Jail Bait
  • Coolio Points: +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2002, 09:16:04 PM »

Woo Hoo!!!
You picked Wally gator as your avatar!
Did you get my hint?

7thSON

• Jail Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2002, 09:21:13 PM »

Quote from: Daria
Woo Hoo!!!
You picked Wally gator as your avatar!
Did you get my hint?

Yep, and I was just waiting for the right time to spring it (and for lack of that, I used my 50th post).  I think it's a keeper.  It was almost a picture of gator-skin shoes, but Wally is too cool.  Maybe even Pete Puma - cool.

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2002, 09:33:39 PM »

I don't know, I think New Jersey has some of the worst drivers. What more can you ask for? A lot of people in one area, speed, and cars that are way too big (IE: SUVs).

If the people are already stupid, then I don't see how they're going to be able to drive a car, let alone a car that is too big for even King Kong Bundy.

MISTER MASSACRE

• Lady Modmalade
  • Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +292/-17
  • inhaling chalk in the old school
    • View Profile
    • twittery
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2002, 09:37:24 PM »

We have something here that many of you do not have: SNOW. Massive amounts of snow.

Nothing makes bad drivers suck worse, believe me.

12AX7

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2002, 10:33:57 PM »

Quote from: Lacerda
Massive amounts of snow.
Nothing makes bad drivers suck worse, believe me.

Oh yes there is. Tiny bits of snow here in the south. Did ya know we even close all the schools if it snows and sticks? Doesn't really matter how long it sticks... just if most of the ground gets white.

Min

• Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Slacker Wiseass
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2002, 10:51:30 PM »

Quote from: 12AX7
Oh yes there is. Tiny bits of snow here in the south. Did ya know we even close all the schools if it snows and sticks? Doesn't really matter how long it sticks... just if most of the ground gets white.

Yeah.  It's snowing here right now!  Yay!  I have a feeling I don't have to go to work tomorrow!  Wehooo!  I'm going to go get another beer.

12AX7

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2002, 11:57:55 PM »

:(  It's just raining here and freezing. Everything oughta ice up good before I get to go home (at 4:00 AM!) But thass OK - today is my FRIDAY!!  :D

Min

• Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Slacker Wiseass
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2002, 12:08:57 AM »

If the people are already stupid, then I don't see how they're going to be able to drive a car, let alone a car that is too big for even King Kong Bundy

King Kong Bundy!?  That's funny...I remember back when he was huge, then came along Andre the Giant.  Aren't both of them dead now?

It's just raining here and freezing. Everything oughta ice up good before I get to go home (at 4:00 AM!) But thass OK - today is my FRIDAY!!

Yay, Friday!  Sounds like you have a pretty weird schedule.  Hope it doesn't ice up too bad..(but bad enough so that I still don't have to go into work tomorrow...It stopped snowing here already.)

12AX7

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2002, 12:41:58 AM »

Yeah, it is odd. 6pm-4am Sun night - Wed night. But I'm off during the day (every day), and then have off from 4am Thurs morning until 6pm
Sun. Plus I've always been a 'night owl', so working at night is cool with me. Having Thurs/Fri/Sat nights off is great if you're playing in a band - which I'm working on putting together.

12AX7

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2002, 05:25:31 AM »

- which I'm working on putting together

Actually, thass a bald-faced lie. I wanna get one put together, but I haven't actually got off my ass and done it.    ...yet...

DogStarMan

• Jail Bait
  • Coolio Points: +70/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.virtualom.com
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2002, 07:22:19 AM »

Quote from: Detta
Oh yeah...and I almost forgot about when it snows!  These idiots drive like maniacs because they think it's safe because they drive their SUV's...my truck's a 4WD, and it spun out on the Willey Bridge, just like everyone else's car.  You gotta be careful in an ice storm no matter what you're driving.  I'm askeered of these nut jobs.

I drove to work this morning in the snow and saw 4 SUVs stuck in the median...HAW HAW!!! :lol:

pbsaurus

• Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +354/-31
  • Everyone Loves The King Of The Sea
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/flipperpete
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2002, 12:59:55 PM »

The worst drivers I ever encountered were in Oklahoma City.

Pete Puma is my all time favourite cartoon.  Just barely beats out Super Chicken.

ho0ber

• Wannabe Professional Blogger
  • Coolio Points: +29/-1
    • View Profile
    • SDC-Music.com
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2002, 01:49:01 PM »

My biggest issues were around thanksgiving weekend (as in after) because I live in NH, and we got god-enormous amounts of snow in some places all at once (but still nothing to even sneeze at) after having only a little snowfall here and there.  And I'm sorry to you Mass people out there, not all fo you are evil, but the fact of the matter is that YOU CANT DRIVE ON NH HIGHWAYS THE WAY YOU DO IN MASS!!!!  They treat it like the free for all where you have at least three lanes in some parts of mass (like the city folk that come up for thanksgiving) and just drive in the left lane (which we consider the passing lane) and dont really realize that during holiday time our interstates are overcrowded and ONLY work if you just use the left lane to hop around people and just stay in the right lane otherwise... and if someone is behind you and you are passing 150 cars and it is pretty obvious you are going much slower than the person behind you wants to, you gotta suck it up and move into the right lane for a min, or else you will have some scary guy is driving something that looks like this:  
and has a shotgun across the front seat...

so yeah.  It snows here too...
-ho0ber

7thSON

• Jail Bait
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2002, 03:33:43 PM »

Quote from: ho0ber

and has a shotgun across the front seat...

so yeah.  It snows here too...

Hey nice picture.  Jack that thing up 3 or 4 feet, and the rednecks down here would go wild over it.

Min

• Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Slacker Wiseass
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2002, 04:03:21 PM »

- which I'm working on putting together

Actually, thass a bald-faced lie. I wanna get one put together, but I haven't actually got off my ass and done it.    ...yet...

Oh!!!!  So over at HN when you said that you couldn't upload any of your music because you had no server available to you to do it...what you really meant was that you have no music to upload...yet...??  :wink:

12AX7

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2002, 06:57:30 PM »

:D  Actually, no. I got lotsa music. Some is from a cover band I was in in Greenville, SC for around 8 years.. "Radio Flyer". Got some killer pics of us, too. Then there's all my stuff, which I've been writing (if you can call it that) and recording for years. And pics of my studio, and my guitars. I really wish I had a place to make all this available.I guess what I  really meant at HN was I've no idea how to go about setting my stuff up online. I've never really explored online publishing, so I'm kinda WAY behind in that area. I have decided, though, that it is obviously in my best interest to learn how. So now comes the learning curve...  As soon as I get things set up, I'll send ya a 'waank-mail' with the link...dammit!  :wink:

Anonymous

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2002, 07:26:04 PM »

:D  Actually, no. I got lotsa music. Some is from a cover band I was in in Greenville, SC for around 8 years.. "Radio Flyer". Got some killer pics of us, too. Then there's all my stuff, which I've been writing (if you can call it that) and recording for years. And pics of my studio, and my guitars. I really wish I had a place to make all this available.I guess what I  really meant at HN was I've no idea how to go about setting my stuff up online. I've never really explored online publishing, so I'm kinda WAY behind in that area. I have decided, though, that it is obviously in my best interest to learn how. So now comes the learning curve...  As soon as I get things set up, I'll send ya a 'waank-mail' with the link...dammit!  :wink:

ftp://upload:upload@67.80.224.33:801  :D

There's a place to start. I believe you said you have written stuff similar to "techno", right? Or was that someone else that said that?

Some of the stuff that Lowtax wrote from Something Awful was techno-ish and it is rather good to listen to.

12AX7

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2002, 09:02:46 PM »

Hee Hee! The files are on their way to yer site now. Just a few of my own songs. (no, not techno... must've been someone else) BE FOREWARNED!! I CANNOT sing worth a damn, but I do anyway. All the songs I'm putting up there right now are all me - all the instruments, vocals, mix, etc. all done in my studio at home. Hope ya like 'em; don't care if ya don't. :D

12AX7

« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2002, 09:22:38 PM »

BTW, Chris, thank you for setting something like that up. Not everybody'd be willing to go through the trouble  - and for FREE! No credit card needed...  :D

12AX7

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2002, 09:50:57 PM »

all me - all the instruments, vocals, mix, etc.

Ahh... except drums. All the drum parts are either riffs I created from rips of CD's (in SoundForge and Cakewalk) or multi-tracking me playing "drums" on a Casio keyboard...  Just thought I'd point that out since I claimed all the "instruments" were me.  and insteada editing, I gitta 'nother post... :D

Min

• Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Slacker Wiseass
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2002, 09:51:01 PM »

Hee Hee! The files are on their way to yer site now. Just a few of my own songs. (no, not techno... must've been someone else) BE FOREWARNED!! I CANNOT sing worth a damn, but I do anyway. All the songs I'm putting up there right now are all me - all the instruments, vocals, mix, etc. all done in my studio at home. Hope ya like 'em; don't care if ya don't. :D

Well, what I got so far... I like.  It's good!

12AX7

« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2002, 09:55:21 PM »

Quote from: Detta
Well, what I got so far... I like.  It's good!

Holy shit! No kiddin'? I hear a LOT of stuff I coulda/shoulda probably done better in every one of 'em, but, oh well... on to the next one! Thank you for the compliment! :D

ho0ber

• Wannabe Professional Blogger
  • Coolio Points: +29/-1
    • View Profile
    • SDC-Music.com
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2002, 12:03:55 PM »

Quote from: Chris

There's a place to start. I believe you said you have written stuff similar to "techno", right? Or was that someone else that said that?

Some of the stuff that Lowtax wrote from Something Awful was techno-ish and it is rather good to listen to.

Well, I compose some techno-ish music.  I just came out with my first CD...

Where can I find the stuff That Lowtax did (something awful is rather awful right now)...
-ho0ber
Pages: [1] 2