The Geek Forum

• May 23, 2024, 03:14:39 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Due to the prolific nature of these forums, poster aggression is advised.

Recent Forum Posts

Shout Box

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 129658
  • Total Topics: 7202
  • Online Today: 109
  • Online Ever: 1013
  • (January 12, 2023, 01:18:11 AM)
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: DVD Renting  (Read 10922 times)

jonas

• Jail Bait
  • Coolio Points: +2/-3
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/weezerkid92
DVD Renting
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2003, 10:18:45 PM »

What about the remake of 12 Angry Men?

“...And the worst part is, if you go bohemian or something crazy like that, you’re conforming just as much as everybody else, only if a different way.” - j.d. salinger

Demosthenes

• Evil Ex-HN Moderator
  • Administrator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +567/-72
  • Just try me. See what happens.
    • View Profile
    • Zombo
DVD Renting
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2003, 09:13:40 AM »

Never saw the remake.  I don't think I was aware they made one.  Who was in it?

I'm one of those odd individuals who actually liked the original.

Coolio Points: 89,000,998,776,554,211,222
Detta Puzzle Points: 45

Banning forum idiots since 2001

Anonymous

DVD Renting
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2003, 10:51:45 AM »

They changed the tittle to "12 monkeys"

jonas

• Jail Bait
    • View Profile
DVD Renting
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2003, 12:14:48 PM »

Quote from: Demosthenes
Never saw the remake.  I don't think I was aware they made one.  Who was in it?

I'm one of those odd individuals who actually liked the original.

Umm, all I can remember is Jack Lemmon.

“...And the worst part is, if you go bohemian or something crazy like that, you’re conforming just as much as everybody else, only if a different way.” - j.d. salinger

Min

• Nice Ex-Hackernetwork Moderator
  • Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +468/-13
  • Slacker Wiseass
    • View Profile
DVD Renting
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2003, 12:28:15 PM »

Quote from: jonas
What about the remake of 12 Angry Men?

Umm, all I can remember is Jack Lemmon.

Are you thinking of Grumpy Old Men?   :P
Flammable : Inflammable :: Duh : No Duh
"I TYPE 120 WORDS PER MINUTE, BUT IT'S IN MY OWN LANGUAGE!"  -ivan
1,180,463,441,680 Coolio Points

Demosthenes

• Evil Ex-HN Moderator
  • Administrator
  • Hacker
    • View Profile
    • Zombo
DVD Renting
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2003, 12:34:56 PM »

The original version of 12 Angry Men had this cast:

Henry Fonda
Lee J. Cobb
Ed Begley
E.G. Marshall
Jack Warden
Martin Balsam
John Fiedler
Jack Klugman
Ed Binns
Joseph Sweeney
George Voskovec
Robert Webber

According to imdb, there was a made for TV version of the movie, remade in 1997 (here), that Jack Lemmon is listed in...

Huh... looks like George C. Scott is in the remake as well.  I never even knew about the remake.  I should dig around and see if I can find a copy of it.

jonas

• Jail Bait
    • View Profile
DVD Renting
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2003, 02:38:03 PM »

Yep.

Anonymous

DVD Renting
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2003, 03:20:24 PM »

About how many times a week do you (the members of the forum, in general) watch movies?

The last time I actually sat down and watched an entire movie must be well over a month or so. It was probably A Beautiful Mind when it first came out on cable. Speaking of which, for some odd reason I don't get any of those nifty channels any more. You know, like HBO and stuff. It's all because they changed out channels around. :evil:

Demosthenes

• Evil Ex-HN Moderator
  • Administrator
  • Hacker
    • View Profile
    • Zombo
DVD Renting
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2003, 03:42:23 PM »

I watch probably two movies a week, give or take.  Sometimes more, if I don't have anything going on.  I'm kind of a movie buff.

I'm probably not a movie buff to the extent that Pb is, but I'm up there...

snyperx

• Professional Blogger
  • Coolio Points: +0/-1
    • View Profile
DVD Renting
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2003, 03:54:54 PM »

At home I never watch movies.  Sometimes I'll be really ored and throw in an Anime or ICP's movie, but other then that the parental units need to rent something I want to see.
"Ohhh! That is almost sig quote material.... almost!" - The Judge

aquamego

• Jail Bait
  • Coolio Points: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ugo.com
DVD Renting
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2003, 04:44:48 PM »

i tend to watch 4 or 5 movies a week.  I'm addicted.  it's one of my favourite things to do.  

The last movie i saw was a not so artsy film that had a more frivolous reason to go see it.  I saw the recruit with dreamy COLIN FARRELL.  I'm sorry.  I think of him and i get all...girly.  It also had this other dude...umm...Al...AL...oh what was it...oh yeah....AL PACINO.  i don't know, but Colin looked good.

Heh Heh...no seriously.  It was a decent film.  Besides the fact Farrell is a hunk o' hunk o' burnin' love, he's also an extremely talented actor, and he really shares the screen with Mr.  "WHOO-AH!" Pacino.  They have great chemistry, and you can't stop watching their characters unfold together.  However, the script was kind of trite. I still had fun watching it though.

Meg!
"I am not Jesus, though I have the same initials.  I am just the man who stays home and does the dishes." ---Jarvis Cocker of PULP.

jonas

• Jail Bait
    • View Profile
DVD Renting
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2003, 09:54:09 PM »

I watch movies constantly. I'd like to test my movie buff skills to the almighty Pomagrante Biting saurus.

....you up for it, old man?

DeCOY

• Jail Bait
    • View Profile
DVD Renting
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2003, 09:01:15 AM »

I watch movies constantly. I'd like to test my movie buff skills to the almighty Pomagrante Biting saurus.

....you up for it, old man?

"Quick Robyn, to the movie game."
I watch cheesy movies when im not at boarding school, you know the ones that play on Showtime a  million times and always seem to be different each timw you see them. Other than that i watch a lot of more intelligent movies while im at school, for instance the other day I saw Donnie Darko for the first time, and American Beauty (now both are some of my favourite movies). I also like a lot of anime, for any anime buffs Evangelion, Escaflowne, Princess Mononoke, Ninja Scroll and Cowboy Bebop are all really good. Otherwise i dont like spending 8 freakin dollers to go see some movie in teatres, although i have been known to do it rather sporadically after im given money.
"I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad, the dreams in which im dying are the best i've ever had."

-DeCOY

Binoboy

• Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +5/-1
    • View Profile
DVD Renting
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2003, 11:42:13 AM »

Quote from: DeCOY

"Quick Robyn, to the movie game."
I watch cheesy movies when im not at boarding school, you know the ones that play on Showtime a  million times and always seem to be different each timw you see them. Other than that i watch a lot of more intelligent movies while im at school, for instance the other day I saw Donnie Darko for the first time, and American Beauty (now both are some of my favourite movies). I also like a lot of anime, for any anime buffs Evangelion, Escaflowne, Princess Mononoke, Ninja Scroll and Cowboy Bebop are all really good. Otherwise i dont like spending 8 freakin dollers to go see some movie in teatres, although i have been known to do it rather sporadically after im given money.

Though I'd pay to see the furvor that will surround the Cowboy Bebop movie when (if?!) it comes out in theaters. (What have they pushed the release date back to? April?)

I've been droolin over the possibilities: Some soccer moms takin their kids to see it (ignorin the rating as usual) and comin out and complainin "But it looked like PokemoN!!!111!11!1!". Some Catholic priest takin his hands off... er... well taking time to denounce it for offending.... someone. Not to mention the whole plot is about bioterrorism: "OMG!!!1 tH4t's 2 muCh liK teh 4n+hrakz!!! teh anth4rkxz!!11 r3m3mb3r h3t 4nTHr4sksks sk4r3?!?!/11/LOLOMFGROTFLWTF!!1 o sobsobsob!1!" "Oh yeah, you mean when 3 people across the country got anthrax? Yeah I remember...... Now quit cryin. Yer an embarassment."

Heh. Nah I'd pay 8 bucks to see it at a theater like Amboy Cinemas (Snyper: Think Cherry Hill's theater) where the audiences are.... "responsive" to say the least but not terribly disruptive.

As for the copyright lawyers that saw fit to change the subtitle: Fawk ewe!!! I'm still callin it Knockin on Heaven's Door and there's nothing you can do to stop me. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA*erk*.
(The Rolling Stones, Aerosmith, and Queen don't care that their song titles are used for episode titles, and I doubt Bob Dylan really cared either. That's just what Bebop does: uses musical references. Hey DeCOY, is it true Jojo's Bizaare Adventure will be undergoing copyright-raping when it comes to America as well?)
To die, to sleep; To sleep: perchance to dream: ay, there's the rub... Ha ha! ...'Rub'!

DeCOY

• Jail Bait
    • View Profile
DVD Renting
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2003, 12:12:14 PM »

This little boy hopes it doesnt happen, but anytime that American Lawyers can flex their arm and possibly sure someone for money they will. So even though i shall stand and defend against raping the poor movie, not even I the great DeCOY can stop those buttwipes.
"I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad, the dreams in which im dying are the best i've ever had."

-DeCOY

jonas

• Jail Bait
    • View Profile
DVD Renting
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2003, 06:17:53 PM »

Where can I find more info on this new movie?

Binoboy

• Hacker
    • View Profile
DVD Renting
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2003, 11:00:08 PM »

Where can I find more info on this new movie?

It's not exactly new. It's going from video to theaters.  :roll:

I'm too lazy to find links so just search, heh. "cowboy bebop movie" "cowboy bebop april" etc....
To die, to sleep; To sleep: perchance to dream: ay, there's the rub... Ha ha! ...'Rub'!

DeCOY

• Jail Bait
    • View Profile
DVD Renting
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2003, 12:34:17 PM »

hey Binoboy what other animes do you like or plan on watching, im looking for osme newe ones.

-DeCOY

Binoboy

• Hacker
    • View Profile
DVD Renting
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2003, 05:42:16 PM »

hey Binoboy what other animes do you like or plan on watching, im looking for osme newe ones.

What kinda geek you take me for? Heh.  8)
Otaku and cosplayers frighten me so I'm not big into the "scene" (Elitist scumbags. How can you be arrogant when yer dressed like a muppet?). You already listed the best anime I've seen. Though I have one idea for you: Hellsing. Look for it, heh. Alucard's cool and any Catholic priest who runs an orphanage by day, slices/dices undead monstrosities by night, and keeps his hands to himself in both instances like Alexander Anderson kick undead-ass in my book. And Circe wears funny hats... ... ... ... .... Er... anyway.

I say rummage through anime sites until you find somethin. Ain't like I know what yer into. You could be into Digimon for all I know (Oddly, I thought this series was pretty good. I like how it had, yknow, "plot" and "character development" unlike other kids-and-monsters schlock, but I sure as hell aren't gonna spend money to see it, heh).

Anonymous

DVD Renting
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2003, 05:44:54 PM »

When you say, "Alucard", that brings me back memories from Hackernetwork about two years ago. I think he left after being flamed quite nicely because people started calling him on his claimed 'hacking skills'.

Demosthenes

• Evil Ex-HN Moderator
  • Administrator
  • Hacker
    • View Profile
    • Zombo
DVD Renting
« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2003, 05:51:27 PM »

No.  I banned Alucard because he was threatening others.

That's a no-can-do on HN's forums.  Threaten someone with actual physical bodily harm and buh-bye.

Anonymous

DVD Renting
« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2003, 06:22:12 PM »

I never understood people who say, "I'm going to come over to your house and hunt you down!", ON THE FUCKING INTERNET

I could have sworn he also claimed he had good hacking skills. :(

DeCOY

• Jail Bait
    • View Profile
DVD Renting
« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2003, 06:49:32 PM »

Quote from: Binoboy

What kinda geek you take me for? Heh.  8)
Otaku and cosplayers frighten me so I'm not big into the "scene" (Elitist scumbags. How can you be arrogant when yer dressed like a muppet?). You already listed the best anime I've seen. Though I have one idea for you: Hellsing. Look for it, heh. Alucard's cool and any Catholic priest who runs an orphanage by day, slices/dices undead monstrosities by night, and keeps his hands to himself in both instances like Alexander Anderson kick undead-ass in my book. And Circe wears funny hats... ... ... ... .... Er... anyway.

I say rummage through anime sites until you find somethin. Ain't like I know what yer into. You could be into Digimon for all I know (Oddly, I thought this series was pretty good. I like how it had, yknow, "plot" and "character development" unlike other kids-and-monsters schlock, but I sure as hell aren't gonna spend money to see it, heh).

Good call, but out of curiosity which one did i list that was your favourite? Ohh i heard Ruroni Kenshin or however you spell it ( Ruyoni is a possibility) is supposed to be really good.

On another movie related note, i was wondering if the second Lord of the Rings movie is any good. I am expecting it to be but you never know.

-DeCOY

DeCOY

• Jail Bait
    • View Profile
DVD Renting
« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2003, 06:52:06 PM »

Quote from: Chris
I never understood people who say, "I'm going to come over to your house and hunt you down!", ON THE FUCKING INTERNET

I could have sworn he also claimed he had good hacking skills. :(

Some people are weird as hell

-DeCOY

Binoboy

• Hacker
    • View Profile
DVD Renting
« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2003, 08:49:25 PM »

Good call, but out of curiosity which one did i list that was your favourite? Ohh i heard Ruroni Kenshin or however you spell it ( Ruyoni is a possibility) is supposed to be really good.

On another movie related note, i was wondering if the second Lord of the Rings movie is any good. I am expecting it to be but you never know.

Bebop's my favourite cuz I'm a wet-eared ****. As for Runouriyurinuriury...... "____ Kenshin", I've heard of it. My other suggestion: search for anime music videos. Evangelion to Nena or Tori Amos is somethin else. Hellsing to Slayer is something else. Gundam to Thee Doors Down is something else. But as I had assumed even before searching for the first videos, yes there a thousand terrible DBZ videos to a thousand terrible songs, so yknow: Caveat emptor.
Pages: 1 [2] 3