The Geek Forum

• June 03, 2024, 03:00:43 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Due to the prolific nature of these forums, poster aggression is advised.

Recent Forum Posts

Shout Box

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 129680
  • Total Topics: 7210
  • Online Today: 151
  • Online Ever: 1013
  • (January 12, 2023, 01:18:11 AM)
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: where's osama  (Read 6380 times)

broibzbzyo

• Annoying Newbie
  • Coolio Points: +0/-0
    • View Profile
where's osama
« on: February 20, 2003, 07:38:11 PM »

after reading several posts in this section of the forum, i developed a question: where's osama bin laden? what happened to him? it was over a year ago now that the "war on terrorism" began, i still haven't seen his head on a stick or heard it on the news. is the government actually telling us that this old, poor, dirty muslim(not that being muslim is a problem) outsmart us just by hiding in a cave? what the hell? are we not the country that rebelled from the british with a half-assed army? are we not the country that helped in vietnam? are we not the country that was involved in dessert storm? are we not the country with an army bin laden couldn't even afford to dream of? i think we are. so if we can do all that, if we have more man-power, if we have more heart, why is it then, that we can't find osama bin laden? this really does baffle me. i mean, here he is just toying with us. he sends us a video tape from half-way across the world, and we get all riled up about it. personally, i think he knows this. he knows we cant find him. but why cant we? we have the technology, dont we? with all the people in the country paying taxes to the government we should. we should be able to monitor the country and find where "unusual" activity is taking place. i mean... its not like there are any new yorks or chicagos for him to hide in. just a few run-down shacks and some mountains. now maybe im looking at this the wrong way, but i think this "war on terrorism" should have ended already. and for that matter, are we even still looking for him? how can we afford a war with iraq when we are at war with terrorism? is there really enough room in american minds for 2 wars at the same time? i would think not. am i wrong?
bob

Jon

• Computer Whore
  • Coolio Points: +0/-1
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gotthegeek.com
where's osama
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2003, 07:57:30 PM »

It's all a government cover up. There was no Oasma, they just needed a scape goat to blame it all on so it didn't seem like Saddam Hussein didn't attack us.  :roll:

MISTER MASSACRE

• Lady Modmalade
  • Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +292/-17
  • inhaling chalk in the old school
    • View Profile
    • twittery
where's osama
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2003, 01:59:58 AM »

A couple of quick questions/comments before I begin:

1) What do you mean you should be "able to track him". What technology? Are you talking about satellites? You can't monitor everywhere simultaneously, and even if you could, it's still a matter of catching this man outdoors...and you know, looking into the sky and giving a thumbs up while holding an ID card and a placard that says "#1 Terrorist".

2) There is no 'War on Terror' -- that's a media buzzword(phrase). You can't wage war on a concept. Even then, by its very nature, terrorism is nearly impossible to stamp out. The possibility of winning the war on terrorism(ists) is about as likely as winning the war on drugs.

3) Helped in Vietnam? Ye fucking gods, what revisionist history have you been chewing? I don't think that there's been a more reprehensible "Oh, why the fuck are we here and who's idea was this?" War in the history of the world...

4) A few run-down shacks in the mountains? He could be anywhere in practically any country. That's world-wide. Find Waldo on that scale, I dare you.

Cont. when not so very sleepy...

Anonymous

where's osama
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2003, 02:33:46 AM »

Here's a question: Who gives a fuck?

He's only one man. catching him will not end terrorism in the world. I think the approach used so far has proven to be quite effective. Hit the cashflow as hard as you can, and terrorism will go away. Not many people will blow themselves up for free.

MISTER MASSACRE

• Lady Modmalade
  • Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +292/-17
  • inhaling chalk in the old school
    • View Profile
    • twittery
where's osama
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2003, 12:14:48 PM »

Quote from: TheJudge
Not many people will blow themselves up for free.

You'd be surprised.

Demosthenes

• Evil Ex-HN Moderator
  • Administrator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +567/-72
  • Just try me. See what happens.
    • View Profile
    • Zombo
where's osama
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2003, 12:47:36 PM »

I have something else to add.  One word:

PARAGRAPHS!!!!!

Use 'em.

Coolio Points: 89,000,998,776,554,211,222
Detta Puzzle Points: 45

Banning forum idiots since 2001

Binoboy

• Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +5/-1
    • View Profile
where's osama
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2003, 03:14:35 PM »

Quote from: Lacerda

3) Helped in Vietnam? Ye fucking gods, what revisionist history have you been chewing? I don't think that there's been a more reprehensible "Oh, why the fuck are we here and who's idea was this?" War in the history of the world...

Goin into a country to fight a faceless enemy with no exit strategy in order to "save the world"? Hell, worked so well last time; sign me up!  :twisted:  :roll:
To die, to sleep; To sleep: perchance to dream: ay, there's the rub... Ha ha! ...'Rub'!

broibzbzyo

• Annoying Newbie
    • View Profile
where's osama
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2003, 05:20:32 PM »

Now i understand that there is always more than one side to the argument, but i chose not to be on the other side. I know that getting rid of osama wont end all the worlds problems, but it would be one less thing to worry about. i mean...it might only be me, but i find him more annoying than being a threat. it would be nice to see all of this in the past. what exactly was the point anyway?

It's all a government cover up. There was no Oasma, they just needed a scape goat to blame it all on so it didn't seem like Saddam Hussein didn't attack us.

personally i think this was a stupid remark. (no offense jon) but which government was it a coverup for? either way, they have no balls, whether its bin laden hiding in a cave, or hussein not man enough to admit it.
bob

Jon

• Computer Whore
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gotthegeek.com
where's osama
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2003, 08:47:51 PM »

Quote from: broibzbzyo
It's all a government cover up. There was no Oasma, they just needed a scape goat to blame it all on so it didn't seem like Saddam Hussein didn't attack us.

personally i think this was a stupid remark. (no offense jon) but which government was it a coverup for? either way, they have no balls, whether its bin laden hiding in a cave, or hussein not man enough to admit it.

Well I thought the rolls eyes was enough but I suppose I should have added an end sarcasm tag too.

the pigskiller

• Annoying Newbie
    • View Profile
I found him
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2003, 07:47:48 PM »

Find usamma

Dark Shade

• Agent Of The System
  • Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +176/-5
  • "It is inevitable."
    • View Profile
    • Zombo
where's osama
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2003, 11:40:50 PM »

*cracks open his "Where's Osama" book*

Dammit! I've been here for over three hours and I can't find him!  :x

Binoboy

• Hacker
    • View Profile
where's osama
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2003, 09:58:45 AM »

Silly Einstein. Stealing my trademark gesture....
To die, to sleep; To sleep: perchance to dream: ay, there's the rub... Ha ha! ...'Rub'!

Dark Shade

• Agent Of The System
  • Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • "It is inevitable."
    • View Profile
    • Zombo
where's osama
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2003, 07:40:51 PM »

Quote from: Binoboy
Silly Einstein. Stealing my trademark gesture....

What? The one where he stares blatently off into space, wondering why he's alone?  :lol:

Binoboy

• Hacker
    • View Profile
where's osama
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2003, 11:55:10 PM »

Damn you. At least my testicles are not permanently inside my small intestine. Go back into your igloo, eh!!!

Dark Shade

• Agent Of The System
  • Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • "It is inevitable."
    • View Profile
    • Zombo
where's osama
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2003, 12:30:05 AM »

'Tis sad Binoboy, when you cannot understand the true colossal power of the Canadian culture...

I betcha don't even know what the top block on the igloo is CALLED, eh? Try and guess THAT one!  :P

Binoboy

• Hacker
    • View Profile
where's osama
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2003, 09:21:40 AM »

Quote from: Dark Shade
'Tis sad Binoboy, when you cannot understand the true colossal power of the Canadian culture...

I betcha don't even know what the top block on the igloo is CALLED, eh? Try and guess THAT one!  :P

You are right, I am not nearly Canadian enough to know that. I assume it's the keystone but don't know what they call it. All I DO know is every one of you has a pet beaver.

And French Canadians are funny because even the French don't like them. Celine Dion, you silly loonie. "Gah! Don't you come near ME with that kiss of death, you black widow!"

Anonymous

where's osama
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2003, 09:48:14 AM »

Well, there's two distinguished group of french Canadians. You have the French from quebec. Everyone hates them. lol! And then you have the French from the rest of the country, who also hate the Quebec French. Those from Quebec are commonly reffered to as the "Canadian Americans" in the sense they have a lot of pride. Much more than the americans. Pride is good, but too much is anoying. They have so much pride that they expect royal treatement from the rest of the country and when they don't get it (i.e., most of the time), they whine like little babies.

Being a french canadian myslef, not affiliated with Quebec, it is my point of view they share many similar traits than the US. They are probably more against US policies then anyone else in the Country, not realizing that they are actually the same kind of people. If there are any french people from Quebec reading this, take a good look in the miror. No! Don't comb your hair... And leave that zit alone. Just try to see the bigger picture.

Oh, and I don't know what the top block of an Igloo is called either. You see, our Igloo doesn't have a top block. It's just 4 walls and a tarp. It's all we could come up with. At least the horses made it through the winter. We'll be able to travel this summer! Woot!

Dark Shade

• Agent Of The System
  • Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • "It is inevitable."
    • View Profile
    • Zombo
where's osama
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2003, 10:17:20 PM »

Huzzah! Give the man a prize! How about some of our nice, soft, "beaver pellets", eh? Don't assume they're gonna be furs...'cus with your luck they won't be... :P

You'd enjoy 'em, wouldn't ya Bino?  :?:

Binoboy

• Hacker
    • View Profile
where's osama
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2003, 08:50:46 AM »

Quote from: Dark Shade
Huzzah! Give the man a prize! How about some of our nice, soft, "beaver pellets", eh? Don't assume they're gonna be furs...'cus with your luck they won't be... :P

You'd enjoy 'em, wouldn't ya Bino?  :?:

Luckily I have no need for an item called "beaver pellets". :?
Scary buncha Canadians. Avast, ye landlubber, eh; what are you talking aboot?

Dark Shade

• Agent Of The System
  • Forum Moderator
  • Hacker
  • "It is inevitable."
    • View Profile
    • Zombo
where's osama
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2003, 08:56:32 AM »

This could go on for awhile... :P

TerrorDronze

• Hacker
  • Coolio Points: +22/-10
  • I'm not narcissistic, I'm just awesome.
    • View Profile
where's osama
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2003, 10:28:04 AM »

I think Osama sold me a Slurpee at 7-11 today....
Wait, so the might-be-a-bot isn't dead?!

Binoboy

• Hacker
    • View Profile
where's osama
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2003, 12:05:05 PM »

That's good since my sister is apparently scared of Hindus. And she refuses to go to 7-11. I've already given up.

Sadly, she's not unlike the general public.

snyperx

• Professional Blogger
    • View Profile
where's osama
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2003, 12:56:10 PM »

Scared of them?  Oi.  I live in Jersey, a town we like to call Little India, as their the majority here.  Their pretty cool, and they have surprisingly good food, along with some nifty beliefs if you get to know some.  Try to get your sister to try some of their food, it's spicy shit though.
"Ohhh! That is almost sig quote material.... almost!" - The Judge

Binoboy

• Hacker
    • View Profile
where's osama
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2003, 08:49:08 PM »

Quote from: snyperx
Scared of them?  Oi.  I live in Jersey, a town we like to call Little India, as their the majority here.  Their pretty cool, and they have surprisingly good food, along with some nifty beliefs if you get to know some.  Try to get your sister to try some of their food, it's spicy shit though.

I'd prefer to send her off to school with the suggestion to say something to some of the Hindu children at school that will get her slapped around a bit. Bodhisattva, take her by the hand....

snyperx

• Professional Blogger
    • View Profile
where's osama
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2003, 11:49:25 PM »

How old is she, if I may?  Send her to my high school, that should do the trick.
"Ohhh! That is almost sig quote material.... almost!" - The Judge
Pages: [1] 2